Powerful Laptop with large screen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Powerful Laptop with large screen.

Hi

I'm looking for a new laptop.

Its has to have a large screen( at least 16") and be quite powerful with plenty storage.

I've looked at Sony Vaio AW but do not want to pay HKD 25,000.. I'm looking to spend around 15-18K..

Please advise.

Thanks

qwix: safe urls: preview

Dell XPS line

Do you mind Refurb? Comes with one year warranty and with apple care you can extend to three years warranty.

Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Specifications:
    17-inch widescreen display
    2GB memory
    250GB hard drive
    8x SuperDrive (DVDR DL/DVDRW/CD-RW)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB of GDDR3 memory
    Built-in iSight Camera
    HK$ 16,368
    Save HK$ 5,132
    23% off

http://store.apple.com/hk/browse/hom...ac?mco=MTE3NjY (near bottom of page)

Smile

Thanks for the replies, don't really want an XPS thou.. I have looked at the studio 17, but when I emailed Dell they said that the software that comes with these laptops (vista) is only in chinese??? is this correct?

I'll look the the Mac now, thanks, but was really looking for for 4gb ram...

Well I can't really suggest anything else until you tell us what you'll use it for and why you didn't like the XPS.

I second the Macbook Pro recommendation. As long as you don't do gaming, it's a wonderful machine. Just be aware that that model has been updated to a bigger hard drive and by spring next year they should be putting the next gen intel cpu's in there as the 17" didn't get refreshed like the 13" and 15" laptops did earlier this month.

Definitly a Macbook (pro) as these are quite powerfull machines. You might want to upgrade the Ram to 3 or 4 GB

LG S900

2.5 core 2 duo
    2gb ddr ram
    19.1 tft
    500gb sata

$14k

Quote Originally Posted by wayland
    Well I can't really suggest anything else until you tell us what you'll use it for and why you didn't like the XPS.

I second the Macbook Pro recommendation. As long as you don't do gaming, it's a wonderful machine. Just be aware that that model has been updated to a bigger hard drive and by spring next year they should be putting the next gen intel cpu's in there as the 17" didn't get refreshed like the 13" and 15" laptops did earlier this month.
    I don't like the XPS, its just the look. I'll be using it for design, 2d and 3d. Thanks for the heads up on the Apple update.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    LG S900

2.5 core 2 duo
    2gb ddr ram
    19.1 tft
    500gb sata

$14k
    Jimbo, Where would I find this laptop?

Also does anybody know if getting a laptop built is worth the hassle, if so where would be the best place to go?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Phillips
    I don't like the XPS, its just the look. I'll be using it for design, 2d and 3d. Thanks for the heads up on the Apple update.
    If you're using it for graphics stuff you might want to buy the current 17" that has a matte display. The 13/15" that was recently refreshed got switched to a glossy display which some professionals don't like. I'd imagine the next 17" update comes with glossy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast