Where to convert VHS video tapes to digital files?

Where to convert VHS video tapes to digital files?

Hello, I got a couple of old VHS tapes. Know any good and hopefully inexpensive and reliable place to convert them to digital files?

Fotomax seems to offer such a service (VHS to DVD), but I have no experience with it. Once you have a DVD, you could then further process by yourself using your computer.

I personally would be more interested in a "Mini DV tape to digital" service, as I still have a dozen or two Mini DV tapes but failed to find a notebook with Firewire port for conversation (and I am not sure if my camera would still work, as it didn't work on some Macbook I tried).

(scroll down to VIDEO DISK CONVERSION SERVICE)
    http://www.fotomax.com/ProductAndSer...r=geoexpat.com

Last edited by 100LL; 08-04-2016 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banana_man
    Hello, I got a couple of old VHS tapes. Know any good and hopefully inexpensive and reliable place to convert them to digital files?
    If you're interested I could help you convert them to DVD, and I certainly wouldn't charge $270!!! I'll send you a PM.

Hi, I have a VHS that I would like to be converted to a mp4 video on USB (not dvd). Would you be able to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by triman
    Hi, I have a VHS that I would like to be converted to a mp4 video on USB (not dvd). Would you be able to do that?
    Yes I can convert VHS to MP4. Ill send you a PM.