Like Tree6Likes

NFC tags in HK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NFC tags in HK

Anyone know of a walk-in store that sells NFC tags?

I'm guessing they would be available somewhere in one of the computer centres or the usual SSP street, but don't want to comb through several dozen stores before stumbling across the right one.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl

I'm guessing they would be available somewhere in one of the computer centres or the usual SSP street, but don't want to comb through several dozen stores before stumbling across the right one.
    i had a few, but i purchased from yahoo auction

https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.co...=chris95432118

meet in sham shui po near exit a, don't even need to leave the barriers , mon to fri 5-8pm
    jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl

how many do you need? I have a couple spare
    imparanoic and jgl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere
    how many do you need? I have a couple spare
    Probably about half a dozen, so if there's nowhere I can pick them up super easy in HK I'll just order a bunch via the net. I was kind of hoping that someone might know of a place in WCC as I pass it on the way home

Question to you guys who've obviously used them: Are they really simple to manipulate phones with or do you need to mess with something like Tasker (which I found a pain in the ass).

Sorry I don't have that many.

They are quite easy to work with, I've used a couple of apps with NFC tags
    On Android, "Automate" can work with NFC tags and, in my opinion, gives a good balance between complexity and power

jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere
    Sorry I don't have that many.

They are quite easy to work with, I've used a couple of apps with NFC tags
    On Android, "Automate" can work with NFC tags and, in my opinion, gives a good balance between complexity and power
    I probably have 2 or 3 spare, let me do a search in my house,

i noted that shenzhen mtr tokens can be used as nfc tags,i have reprogram them for nfc usage

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    i noted that shenzhen mtr tokens can be used as nfc tags,i have reprogram them for nfc usage
    Hah, that'd be a cool thing to do.

Don't worry about looking for spares though, I'll just order a dozen or so off the net and wait for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    How does one get to keep Shenzhen MTR tokens? don't they get swallowed up when you exit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast