Like Tree6Likes

Do all Amazon Kindles work in Hong Kong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do all Amazon Kindles work in Hong Kong?

I'm buying a Kindle and shipping it to a friend who will be returning to HK next month - specifically the last gen 7th generation Kindle which is cheaper than current gen Kindles. The reason I'm doing so is because they would not ship this model to Hong Kong for whatever reason and I'm wondering if it has to do with regional content restrictions. If that's the case then obviously I would have to buy another compatible Kindle model but if not, I could save a few hundred HKD going with the older model.

I had a 3rd gen Kindle bought in the US that worked in Hong Kong, but that was because my ebooks were bought in the States so I am not totally sure that Kindle content bought in Hong Kong would work on a US Kindle.

Will the 7th gen Kindle work in Hong Kong or should I buy the current gen Kindle?

I got my friend to bring my kindle paperwhite which works perfectly well with my uk amazon account. It also supports file upload *wink wink*

where do you find wink wink files to upload?

Gutenberg.org

Mrs. Jones and dumbdonkey like this.

You can buy whatever model you want here in HK in Computer centre and then link it to your Amazon account in the US or UK. That's what I've done with 2 of them and they both work fine.

rickyross likes this.

@Plutark - have you seen the paperwhite with 3G in any of the retail outlets? I can only find WiFi enabled ones.

No problem, I boughf the Kindle Voyager in the US and had it shipped here. Works just fine!

rickyross likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    @Plutark - have you seen the paperwhite with 3G in any of the retail outlets? I can only find WiFi enabled ones.
    can't remember, I only got the wifi as I barely ever connect it. If I want to access internet most of the time I just create a hotspot with my mobile.

Had a kindle 3 for many years here with no problems. Bought a paperwhite with 3G at Heathrow which is also fine here connected to my US Amazon account

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey
    where do you find wink wink files to upload?
    Calibre, torrents, binary newsgroups etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast