Like Tree6Likes

Any one got access to high quality record player and high quality analog to digital converter?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any one got access to high quality record player and high quality analog to digital converter?

Any one got access to high quality record player and high quality analog to digital converter to computer, I have limited edition Radiohead vinyl (3 of them, moon shaped pool, the king of limbs and in rainbow) and I want to convert to audiophile quality 24bit 192 kHz flac, any one willing to help me, they can keep a copy as well as 80gb of self converted flac from CDs and give to their friends

Thanks

Do try Sam the Record man ( @jamessam ) ... might be able to help you with some contacts.

https://geoexpat.com/directory/cultu...alleries/17725

imparanoic likes this.

Have you tried searching online? there is a good chance someone else has already ripped them in high quality ...

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Have you tried searching online? there is a good chance someone else has already ripped them in high quality ...
    I prefer my own rips ( though i have the CD version as well as the LP) as the quality of online rips ( some are ripped then converted back to cd then rip again, or changed from flac to mp3 then back to flac) some are flaky some are decent, but for high resolution audio, it's not common or cheap either

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Do try Sam the Record man ( @jamessam ) ... might be able to help you with some contacts.

speakers in that photo !
    I had a pair of those exact same JBL professional studio monitors ( speakers ) with perfectly matched pair, bi radial horn loaded tweeters....
    back in 1989 !

quite rare to see, especially to have survived 27 years !
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    speakers in that photo !
    I had a pair of those exact same JBL professional studio monitors ( speakers ) with perfectly matched pair, bi radial horn loaded tweeters....
    back in 1989 !

Not sure if you read the description. 27 years seems trivial.

We have a vast collection of vinyl records, including such gems as Edison's first records (from 1888--the world's first phonograph cylinder records), Emile Berliner's first records (from 1889--the world's first gramophone records), violinist Fritz Kreisler’s earliest recording in 1905, Li Xianglan’s (Yoshiko Yamaguchi) and Jascha Heifetz’s phonograph records from the 40s, and a variety of similar iconic items from different eras. Some of these are even the rare “Studio 1:1 Test Pressing
    Prototypes” and “First Edition” versions.
    imparanoic likes this.

Not sure if you read the description. 27 years seems trivial.
    i have a brand new 1987 pc engine game sealed ( but it ain't worth much), some items are can last for years with correct storage

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    speakers in that photo !
    back in 1989 !

I have a marantz pm66 se amplifier and marantz cd67 se ( i replaced the cd lens in 2013) from 1997, good hifi withstands the test of time

However, personal/portable high fidelity which has now matched the quality of home equipment due to technological advances are becoming popular among the audiophiles especially in HK ( this wasn't possible in earlier years ) to counter the trend of low quality compressed audio which has captured the entire market over the past decade
    Skyhook likes this.

Who is this James Tang? The proprietor I presume.

<snip>

I doubt this place is associated with the now bankrupt Canadian record store chain of the same name. Iconic brand for people from Traano (Toronto).
    Last edited by shri; 09-09-2016 at 01:03 PM. Reason: No need for name calling ...
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I prefer my own rips ( though i have the CD version as well as the LP) as the quality of online rips ( some are ripped then converted back to cd then rip again, or changed from flac to mp3 then back to flac) some are flaky some are decent, but for high resolution audio, it's not common or cheap either
    You might be surprised, there are people out there who are very dedicated to high quality ripping of audio, i.e. straight from source to FLAC - some of these will achieve better results than you will.

Or at least, so I have heard...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast