Like Tree4Likes

Google acquires Fitbit (2019), Fitbit acquires Pebble (2016)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy:
    https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/07/pe...ing-to-fitbit/

Quote from a different TechCrunch article:
    Eric actually had a number of offers over the years. I remember when Blackberry (and I think Apple, this was years back while we were in university and my memory is hazy) approached him (this was pre-production) to purchase Pebble for around USD 1 million and again afterwards. This was when it was just a sketched out product. He refused their offers and started making them out of his parents garage.

With the inflow of money into SV and ever growing valuations, perhaps he thought that valuations only move upwards.

Google ads still suck and are off point - given their "big data" BS. The focus is every website you visit, if you Google search that company name that you click on their ad and it counts as a click. I stopped using Google ads as it was and is a big scam.

The only thing they know how to do is retarget ads, and often after I've already purchased something I still receive the retargeting ads.

East_coast and Fenix2 like this.

I would guess with your lifestyle data they will enter the bottom row of this table

https://www.cbinsights.com/research/...gy-healthcare/
    Fenix2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Imagine what they can do with your health and fitness data...
    Most likely link it to all that you are doing and sell it as a stream to your insurance firm.... They insurance firm can plan down to the minute when not to renew your insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Google ads still suck and are off point - given their "big data" BS. The focus is every website you visit, if you Google search that company name that you click on their ad and it counts as a click. I stopped using Google ads as it was and is a big scam.

The only thing they know how to do is retarget ads, and often after I've already purchased something I still receive the retargeting ads.
    They are a great tool for the uneducated to think they are doing cloud advertising.. as long as they don't expect actual results, it will be fine.