Like Tree18Likes

Alternatives to Dropbox for Business?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I do agree with East_Coast on this - Microsoft operates at another level when it comes to Enterprise / Business accounts.

And if you really do look deep into their product line - VASTLY improved compared to what they were offering a few years ago.

For cloudy offerings, I consider them on par with Amazon and Google.
    I had a feeling this was where we would end up.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Appreciated.

Welcome to the Dark Side.

spode likes this.

bdw

MS One drive for business is actually worse than the free consumer version. The business one syncs with SharePoint libraries or some crap like this which has 10,000 file limit and other problems. MS pissed me off by offering me unlimited storage but then the stupid program stops syncing once you hit 10k files. They said they were fixing this but not sure they have or not.

Apart from this, MS are not bad and we have the office 365 E3 bundle that provide a whole suite of solutions including email, office licenses, etc

We rely very heavily on cloud these days. Office365 for exchange online, ERP servers and domain controllers running on Azure, b2b on netsuite with all our content on amazon cloudfront CDN. Even though we do have backups if these services go down we'd be screwed. We might have backups but no infrastructure to restore the backups onto.

We had a fire in our shenzhen office 3 months ago that did not spread to our server rack but the fucking sprinklers overhead showered the rack which has 4 servers, firewall, nas etc in it. It took me 3 days with a hair dryer to dry off the hard disks, I fired up some Azure instances and restored all the servers in the cloud, had to rent 20 laptops for the staff because all their desktops were on the floor which was flooded with 2 inches of water, had to find a temporary office for 20 people to work from. 3 days later we were back up and running. Now 3 months later the insurance company is still assessing damage and there is no power in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    For cloudy offerings, I consider them on par with Amazon and Google.
    Memories, especially bad ones are hard to erase.
    Since we are about the same age, you will remember the jokes:
    From the people who brought you EDLIN and the 640K barrier (aka 1mb)....

To this day, I hate working on Microsoft *anything*. Its most likely due to my involvement in IT but more likely due to the fact that I lived thru MS-Dos, Win2.0, 3.0, 3.1, OS2, NT......all the way up to todays windows 10. I know how much shit they put out in the last 30 years as I lived with it every single day.

How can I trust them with anything valuable?
    I will take *anything* except for Microsoft.
    100LL and spode like this.

It's a small business but we use exclusively gdrive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3