Like Tree26Likes

Which air purifier and where to buy?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Yeah, there's the usual HK special going on for that brand. 140% markup over US prices.

Even paying half that, or a thousand US, is a pretty dubious value proposition for what is essentially a fan and a HEPA filter.

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Even paying half that, or a thousand US, is a pretty dubious value proposition for what is essentially a fan and a HEPA filter.
    I also heard their filters are NOT CHEAP either.

Filters are not cheap for the vast majority of air purifiers.

For the mass of filter you're getting, it's probably a better deal than with the more mainstream manufacturers. Some of the filters in purifiers found in Fortress/Broadway are laughably insubstantial, and they don't come with prefilters so they don't last as long either.

I have one of those Sharp plasmacluster ones and it's hard to tell if its doing anything or not but when I fart next to it the motor revs up and the light on top changes from green to red, then orange, then finally back to green. So appears to do something and gives me a good laugh

shri, chuckster007, rani and 5 others like this.

Good to finally know that I have not been alone in finding that amusing.

chuckster007 and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    but when I fart next to it the motor revs up and the light on top changes from green to red, then orange, then finally back to green. So appears to do something and gives me a good laugh
    Ah something for me to try tonight, mine has a similar function, Ill see if it can detect my farts, Must eat some spicy curry 1st to build up the gasses LOL

Honeywell HEPA air filter delivered from Amazon US + Electric converter

Been using it for over 2 years no problems whatsoever.

Since that last thread, I've been using a Xiaomi one (version 2, which is shorter and slightly less powerful) for about 8 months now and do like it a lot. In my living room which is long shaped and about 200sq ft, the air purifier has done a good job, and I've thinking of getting another one for the bedroom.

Replacement filter is dirt cheap, and delivered to your door. I can even order one through the app, which takes to pain of having to make my way into the central part of Mongkok.

jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Since that last thread, I've been using a Xiaomi one (version 2, which is shorter and slightly less powerful) for about 8 months now and do like it a lot. In my living room which is long shaped and about 200sq ft, the air purifier has done a good job, and I've thinking of getting another one for the bedroom.

Replacement filter is dirt cheap, and delivered to your door. I can even order one through the app, which takes to pain of having to make my way into the central part of Mongkok.
    I'm also using one of those for a smaller bedroom. It is fine for a small space so long as you use the app to make sure it never enters 'night time mode.'

The Balmuda air Engine is quite big but I think it is doing a good job in terms of filtering.
    I think the site is only available in Japanese

https://www.balmuda.com/jp/airengine/