Like Tree26Likes

Which air purifier and where to buy?

Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by timonoj
    Just to double confirm, the mi.com/hk/ website doesn't have an English version, right?


    Did the price jump since yesterday? I see it at HK$849 now.
    Yeah, maybe they charge 50 HKD for the "free" delivery? although I didn't try to buy directly from the mortar and brick store

    Correct, no english website, but google chrome worked as a charm using autotranslate
    Last edited by Edwardstorm; 05-04-2017 at 10:34 AM. Reason: typo

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardstorm
    Yeah, maybe they charge 50 HKD for the "free" delivery? although I didn't try to buy directly from the mortar and brick store

    Correct, no english website, but google chrome worked as a charm using autotranslate
    Thanks, I used google translate as well, I just ordered it. Curious I received confirmation email from paypal, but not xiaomi. At least on their page I can see the successful order. I'll be getting a cheap pm2.5 reader from Taobao as well, just to compare/check around. It's the cheap version, just the sensor making most of the price, hooked to a tiny motherboard with an LCD to display the readings.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,409

    Anyone know where/how to order replacement filters for the Xiaomi air purifier?


  4. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    962

    ...took me some searching. Here:
    ??????????? ????? ???? - ??????
    I think it includes delivery.

    merchantms likes this.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    Anyone know where/how to order replacement filters for the Xiaomi air purifier?
    Just walk into the xiaomi store in Mongkok https://insideretail.hk/2015/06/10/m...g-opens-doors/

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,409

    Is there any English speaking customer support for Xiaomi? I bought an air purifier and cannot connect it to the app. Yes I've tried everything. Which means most of its functionality is unavailable.


  7. #37
    PC1
    PC1 is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11

    FYI,
    THE BEST AIR PURIFIERS UNDER 1,000 RMB: MY TEST RESULTS
    The Best Air Purifiers Under 1,000 RMB: My Test Results | MyHealth Beijing


  8. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    Is there any English speaking customer support for Xiaomi? I bought an air purifier and cannot connect it to the app. Yes I've tried everything. Which means most of its functionality is unavailable.
    Ditto, just received it but can't get the app to pair with the Mi Air Purifier. Not sure about your attempts but I also tried everything including resetting the Mi and my network routers. In my case I can use the app to connect to my wifi (I see it connected to one of my Airports which I set to 2,4Ghz for this purpose and I can ping it too), however the app the throws an error message, the light on top of the Mi stays green (which indicates that there is no connection to the internet), and the Mi disconnects from the app again.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardstorm
    Ditto, just received it but can't get the app to pair with the Mi Air Purifier. Not sure about your attempts but I also tried everything including resetting the Mi and my network routers. In my case I can use the app to connect to my wifi (I see it connected to one of my Airports which I set to 2,4Ghz for this purpose and I can ping it too), however the app the throws an error message, the light on top of the Mi stays green (which indicates that there is no connection to the internet), and the Mi disconnects from the app again.
    I'm getting the same and have rebooted and messed with all of my router settings. I get the solid green light and an error message saying that I should check my router again. Very frustrating as there's no real way to control it without the app.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    450

    Happy to report that my Mi Air Purifier 2 as well as the one from @merchantms now work as intended. The solution appeared to have been a recent Mi app update. Controlling the Mi as well as reading the various metrics (humidity, pollution level, temperature etc) is now working from the iPhone Mi app.

    merchantms likes this.

Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast