The telephone and internet package of I-Cable

Closed Thread

The telephone and internet package of I-Cable

Both the contracts of my telephone and broadband connection from PCCW have expired. I need a new services plan.

HKBN is not available for my building complex and it is out for sure.

I am choosing between PCCW and I-Cable. PCCW service would cost me $110 (phone) and $165 (Nevigator and NOW TV). The services before from both were fine and gave me no problem. However, the services are more expensive and I lost respect of Richard Li who tries to privatize the company with a low offering price to rip off the shareholders (many senior citizens as well, not me I think).

However, the agent of the I-Cable offered me $159 per month for both telephone, internet and cable TV connection with a 24 month contract.

Please give me your opinion as I need to go ahead for the installation of I-Cable soon. I know the headache for cancellation of any plan.

I do not watch too much internet or cable TV, no soccer or sports but need the cheap and stable services for both fixed line and internet connection. Of course, if I have the free TV services that would be fine. I can read and speak Cantonese.

Please help!

Confused and Desperate!

Last edited by blksteele; 09-11-2008 at 01:45 AM.

I too would be interested to know how icable compares with now, for when my plan expires next year.

Got this offer today from i-cable: 10M broadband plus 61 channels (no sports) CATV plus landline for HKD289 a month, with 18 months contract.

Waiting for PCCW to reply ...

I'm on i-cable and think the internet connection is great. Fast, almost no outages and even great for gaming on Xbox Live (upload!) ...

The tv package is crap though. It has the news, documentaries and HMTC (or how is it spelled) movie channels. Rest of the channels are pretty much worthless, and i haven't even found one descent american tv episode (!) on it (no Friends, no Will&Grace, no Simpsons etc.). Not once.

For me it's great since mostly need fast internet, BBC world and CNBC. If you like to see recent movies and TV serie's, then it's not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipH:
    and i haven't even found one descent american tv episode (!) on it (no Friends, no Will&Grace, no Simpsons etc.).
    Sounds like heaven....!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Sounds like heaven....!
    What do you say? Bittorrent??

I have Now TV. There are huge numbers of episodes of Friends, Will & Grace and the Simpsons - programs I find nauseating .....

Decided to go with PCCW, the i-cable TV program sucks. The TV package is HKD 289, with more channels than I wanted but it's also cheaper (you get 40% discount if the total after discount is HKD 288 a month).

Do they have Two and a Half men??
    I miss that show

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I have Now TV. There are huge numbers of episodes of Friends, Will & Grace and the Simpsons - programs I find nauseating .....

Yes I think so. I hate all of them like that....