Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Can I bring eliquid for vaping? No nicotine

Nep

Quote Originally Posted by OscarSpain
    Can I bring eliquid for vaping? No nicotine
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco
    that is false advice
    for cigarettes to be sold here they need to have been certified for tar and nicotine content by the Govt Lab
    No iQos approvals were issued for Heets by the Govt chemist
    ergo cannot be imported legally
    actually Customs seized shipments
    Also Heets use RECON which is a tobacco offal with added ammonia for addictiveness
    Yes, sold. You can still bring them in your personal luggage as long as you aren't selling them.

You know ??? I thing that no .

Email from custom Hong Kong

The product mentioned by you is a tobacco stick of Heat-not-burn tobacco product, which is subject to control and duty under the Dutiable Commodities Ordinance, Laws of Hong Kong (Cap.109). The duty rate is $1,906 for each 1,000 sticks.

Please note that a passenger aged 18 or above is allowed to bring into Hong Kong, for his own use, the following quantity of tobacco products exempted from duty:

19 cigarettes (e.g. tobacco stick of Heat-not-burn products); or
    1 cigar or 25 grams of cigars; or
    25 grams of other manufactured tobacco.

You are reminded to choose the Red Channel at any entry point in Hong Kong for Customs clearance and payment of duty if the quantity of tobacco products in your possession are in excess of the above-mentioned duty-free concessions. Failing to declare or making incomplete declaration to the Customs officers will be liable to prosecution/penalty.

If you want to know more about the duty-free concessions and duty rates of different dutiable goods in Hong Kong, please refer to our website as follows:

IQOS is good for both users and non users. It has been available in Japan 2 years ago and it is not legal in HK yet. I have signed up the petition and hope to buy it in HK asap

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...F5IYQ/viewform

The only way this thing is going to be legal is if Phillip Morris withdraws the health benefit claims. IQOS thing is heating tabacco to 360C instead of 600C, it actually should be even worse than smoking cigarettes. FDA already failed IQOS as Phillip Morris submission was a total joke.

https://tobacco.ucsf.edu/iqos-emissi...ced-risk-claim

I think your petition has little basis for it.

Last edited by Fenix2; 09-04-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix2
    The only way this thing is going to be legal is if Phillip Morris withdraws the health benefit claims. IQOS thing is heating tabacco to 360C instead of 600C, it actually should be even worse than smoking cigarettes. FDA already failed IQOS as Phillip Morris submission was a total joke.

https://tobacco.ucsf.edu/iqos-emissi...ced-risk-claim

I think your petition has little basis for it.
    It'll pass in HK, I actually know the Dutch guy in charge of PMI in HK who is responsible for lobbying IQOS.

Whilst that article contains a lot of 'doubt', people need to look at it with a broader perspective; smokers will still smoke, one way or another. A bit like the devil's advocate, IQOS is the lesser of the 2 evils. Have a look in Japan and you will notice the benefits of IQOS, cleaner air when you walk pass, hell, cleaner air in the restaurants that allow smoking there, and a lot of IQOS users have slowly weened themselves off smoking altogether. The article does finish with a point that they believe IQOS users will use other tobacco products, and to be honest (unless they run out of heatsticks), no one that I know of does that. A good percentage of the people I know that have moved onto IQOS from regular smoking have now actually quit altogether.

Unless you are a smoker yourself, and have tried IQOS, then you will know the difference. The article talks about suppressed immune systems and lung inflammations, but as a smoker I can tell you it's much less of an effect than normal cigarettes. When I ran out of heatsticks for a while, I tried regular cigarettes but could not stand the taste anymore. My tastebuds have finally come back, and I can breathe better because there's no tar in IQOS. Is it a healthier alternative? Let the smokers decide and you will have you answer straight away.

As for HK, nearly every other smoker now uses IQOS, how much tax the government is losing on that. Crackdowns on the illegal importers you here of are just the tip of the iceberg, I still have 3 steady suppliers.

I'm not a smoker but I have several friends and colleagues who are and all the iqos users are the same as Proplus describes.

I'm a non-smoker and big supporter of iQOS and vaping - for many smokers these are the only things that work to get them away from traditional cigarettes.
    I'm sure there are plenty of other downsides from these new forms of smoking, but it looks like on balance they are a bit less worse than 'normal' ciggies, plus, and this is big for me, the exhaust fumes are nowhere near as noxious.

As for the gateway drug argument?... I don't really buy that.

Nicotine delivery systems are intended to KEEP nicotine addicts addicted to nicotine
    PHILIP Morris wants to keep people addicted as do its competitors

iQOS: evidence of pyrolysis and release of a toxicant from plastic | Tobacco Control

https://www.reuters.com/investigates...-iqos-science/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN1GY2P8

Even academic promoters of ecigs like McNeil (UK) and McRobbie (NZ) admitted in their own research studies that ecig use was no more successful than NRT for quitting at 12 months followup (whilst ignoring the fact of the toxins released by vaping flavors and formaldehyde
    Ecigs are proven by several studies easily available to be indeed a Gateway to smoking.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast