Like Tree3Likes

Where not to buy Camera's

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Hong Kong is crooked

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM
    Min07, while I don't dispute that selling something for way over the market price is unethical I can't see how (or indeed why) it should be illegal. A fundamental principle of law in most countries is "caveat emptor" (buyer beware).

Can you point me to a specific law in any country which somehow imposes a maximum price on what something can be sold for?
    You sound like a Nathan Road retailer. Of course such a law would be impossible to implement. In Canada consumers are protected by product return laws. You can return any product within 11 days for a full refund. Oddly enough this came about by immoral Hong Kong retailers trying to practice their ways in Canada. Mentally handicapped people were being taken advantage of with dirty HK practices.
    Last edited by geoforce; 22-12-2012 at 11:31 PM.

Always amuses me when someone joins the forum and their first post is to bump a year old thread.

I'm not going to go back and re-read the thread but I thought the victims were tourists. Where did you get "mentally handicapped" from?

Well you are easily amused. I was commenting on some Hongy's thread about how unbarred crookery (buyer beware) is acceptable and to show him one country where pricing is regulated so I did. Hopefully the moron's narrow minded Hong Kong mentality has been fixed. I for one visit the retailers on Nathan road just to tell them the Internet says they are all shit whenever I am stranded in Kowloon on an overnight . The comment about the mentally handicapped is about laws in Canada and how they were amended to deal with an influx of crooked Hong Kong business practices. Some piece of crap Hongy cheated a handicapped person sparking an outrage which eventually brought amendments to retail laws. Retailers were no longer able to accept product back for credit only. All thanks to Hong Kong practices. It hurt the overall industry.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9