Like Tree3Likes

Where not to buy Camera's

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Angry Where not to buy Camera's

Anyone wanting to purchase a digital camera or any other gadget I strongly advise not to purchase from HAPPY RICH AUDIO & VISUAL SHOP, 90 Nathan Rd Kowloon. This shop will rip you off! What they don't tell you is that the commision they tack onto the already inflated price is 25%!

I recently purchased a digital SLR from this store & later found the same camera in SOGO selling for $9000HKD cheaper!!!!!!!!

Hopefully no-one else will make the same mistake, recommend that you purchase from SOGO, Causewaybay

plenty of advise on this forum on where to buy and not buy cameras. Even the travel guides tell you to stay to stay away from the tourists traps on Nathan Road.

Hmmm.... 9000HKD overpriced and that was not immediately obvious to you? What did you buy? MF or 1DsMkIII?

And sure, we all go to Sogo to buy our cameras... you sure you're not working for Sogo, just accidentally, maybe?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Someone having a rant because he/she a) didn't bother to do his/her homework and b) bought a camera from a shop on Rip-off Road.

I'm just posting my experience so no one else makes the same mistake. I was informed by many people that Nathan Rd was the place to go for all electrical items...

ya sure. why don't you name me the camera model that supposedly was 9K HK cheaper in Sogo. And if you really bought a digital medium format back in Nathan Road, well, then I shut up because I really dunno what to say.

I think this post lost it's credibility as soon as you mention you found the same one for 9000HKD less. Like er2 says, what's the model number and list price?

Model: Canon EOS 1000D

This is clearly rubbish. Fortress will sell you a Canon EOS1000D with an 18-55mm lens for less than HK$5000. How could you possibly be so stupid as to pay HK$9000 too much for one?

Last edited by PDLM; 10-11-2008 at 01:08 PM.

While the complainant here clearly didn't do his/her homework, obviously, these places are finding lots of folks to do business with them or they wouldn't be in business paying high rents in TST.

The list could get very long of places where tourists or those with bad research are paying high prices.

I can understand being ripped off for 10-30%, but paying $14,000 for something that's worth $5,000? Surely there aren't many tourists who are that naive are there? You don't impulse buy a $14,000 camera surely?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast