• 1 Post By GeoTommy
  • 1 Post By Skyhook
  • 1 Post By JaredHK
  • 2 Post By timonoj
  • 1 Post By Skyhook

DJI. Spark. Best deal, where?

Closed Thread

DJI. Spark. Best deal, where?

Where is the best deal going for the DJI Spark fly more pack, which includes 2 batteries, and the longer range controller

This is purely going to be used for family holidays, thanks to being light weight, compact, dead easy to use and good enough 1080p video quality.

From my very cursory look online, Taobao has the lowest prices, about $1000hkd cheaper than what is listed on price.com.hk

Any competitive dji stockests in Hong Kong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Where is the best deal going for the DJI Spark fly more pack, which includes 2 batteries, and the longer range controller

This is purely going to be used for family holidays, thanks to being light weight, compact, dead easy to use and good enough 1080p video quality.

From my very cursory look online, Taobao has the lowest prices, about $1000hkd cheaper than what is listed on price.com.hk

Any competitive dji stockests in Hong Kong ?
    So...you'd buy it from Taobao, with a Chinese non-local warranty for the price difference? What if Hong Kong stores tell you to go to SZ if you want it repaired or you have any issues that need using the warranty?

I got a Taobao battery, since I know it's the official store and the price difference makes it worth. But for something for which you need warranties...no thanks.

There's a Mavic Pro (also light and compact) in the Classifieds going for $6500 in case you missed it:

https://geoexpat.com/classifieds/com...eras/ad/435525

JaredHK likes this.

Thanks geotommy & tigersun....

I'm pulling the trigger next week, and buying from these guys
    Home of Your One Stop Aerial Photography / UAS Store - FlyCamHK.com

Thanks for letting me know about the Mavic Pro, but to be quite honest The Spark is the perfect holiday drone for the application that I'm going to use it for. The compact non invasive size, is a huge advantage for a family selfie drone and in many ways similar to my abandonment of bulky dslr's and why I got into Fuji X100's and Sony's awesome RX1R.

I won't rule out the possibility that when they bring a spark sized drone out with mavic pro 4k video performance , that I won't upgrade hehe.

JaredHK likes this.

I was considering a Mavic but find it rather bulky. Has anyone picked up a Spark yet? Do you like it? Any input would be great .

Skyhook likes this.

In my opinion Mavic IS bulky...when open. However when folded, it takes less room (horizontally) than the spark, which cannot be folded at all. It is bigger and heavier though, it's just the spark isn't foldable that bothers me.

Cheeky Kiwi and JaredHK like this.

These guys totally get what the Spark is excellent for. Plus not everybody wants to mess around editing 4k footage either...

I am getting one next week pending no schedule changes...

chuckster007 likes this.

Lol...I wonder what it feels being a resident of Venice Beach. Everyday some random dudes flying their drones while talking to a camera... I've seen at least 6 different videobloggers doing spark comparisons on the same damn place.

Anyone know where I can rent one for a day? Just want to try before I buy....

Quote Originally Posted by jahangeerm:
    Anyone know where I can rent one for a day? Just want to try before I buy....
    That's just not going to happen.lol

Plenty of indepth YouTube product reviews to make a very informed decision these days.

I got my Spark delivered a few days ago, via the DJI online store,... just updated the spark and the rc controller to the latest firmware, and pretty happy thus far.

It is the perfect family/ travel drone ' if ' you don't want to muck around editing massive 4k video files.

Does exactly what's written on the tin and quite an impressive bit of advanced consumer tech.