Like Tree10Likes

LG V30 release date in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

If you could wait... it might.

I just decided to NOT get the v30 because of all the screen defects. I don't want the trouble. And the selfie cam is crap anyway.

I'm going with the Galaxy S8! Cheaper too!

I had a LG a while back. Worst phone ever, it would go into a constant looping reboot.Apparently was quite a common problem across a few of their models.

I'm no fan of LG but the bootloop issue only plagued older phones. The G6 has not suffered this issue.

What screen defects are you referring to YOHAN? It seems the Pixel 2 has those issues.

Well, I had a G3, G4 and G6. Luckily, I never experienced any bootloop.

Last night, went to CSL and got me and the wife 2x Galaxy S8's. AMAZING screen! Makes my G6 look antique.

Apparently, since my G6 is Korean version, CSL won't take it for a trade-in! Bummer!!!
    Also, we just got ourselves a family plan UNLIMITED! I didn't even know unlimited plans are back!!!

The screen issues are coming from the LG screens that are being used by the V30 and Pixel 2 XL. POLED screens... there are some clouding issues... color changes from certain viewing angles, screen burn-ins... and graininess. It's not happening to all of the units... just some... but a lot of people have been complaining. And since the front cam of the V30 is the same as G6---- SUCKY... then I just opted for the S8. Gotta take nice selfies of the family.

That's cool, glad you're enjoying the S8.

I went into Fortress today and you can now pre-order the V30. The guy said they should be available on the 17th of November but wasn't 100%

You can actually buy the V30 now though via import. A few stores on price.com.hk and carousell sell them for just under 6 grand.

I tried the Note 8 and Mate 9 today and preferred the Mate 9 sound. The Note 8 sounded thin, even messying UHQ upscaler and EQ. The Mate 9 was much fuller and had deeper lows and brighter highs. But this is of course personal preference on which audio chip you prefer.

I'll be waiting to try the V30/Mate 10 as the sound is a deal breaker.

V30 is in stores now. I see them everywhere now lolll

You sure that's not just pre-order?

Let me know what shops you saw them being physically purchasable. Cheers!

LG seem to be promoting the "V30+" - which is just a V30 with 128GB of storage onboard - for $5,998 as a pre-order, actually available some time next month...

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:
    You sure that's not just pre-order?

Let me know what shops you saw them being physically purchasable. Cheers!
    Shops like fortress, Wilson is pre-order.
    But if you go on price.hk you can find stores that you can already buy it.

The selfie cam on v30 is much better than the G6 one for sure. Ive tried both lollll

My G6 is gray market. It's Korean version. I think the only downside there is it's harder for warranty... I'm not sure. And you can't trade it in in some shops as they only want local versions.

I was waiting patiently for Note8 since I had to return my Note7. But then it's so big it's crazy. Doesn't fit in my pocket properly anymore. Then V30... almost perfect... except for very bad front cam. Bummer.

S8 is a good option! Check it out also. If you want bigger, S8+.