Like Tree10Likes

LG V30 release date in Hong Kong

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

V30 gone down to $5600 already.

By Xmas, should be 4k.

LG V30+ is the official HK model. the price is 5998. Even sellers on Price.com are selling for same. I would rather buy from Fortress is the price is same or $100 off..Its a great phone

Anyone buy it yet? Review..?

Just tried it at Wilson. The wide angle has almost zero distortion! Amazing!

Screen looks good. I really didn't notice any of the defects people were talking about. You won't notice it with normal usage situations I think. Size looks good.

Is it worth the upgrade from a G6? They seem pretty similar in size but the v30 has even smaller bezels hence the 6 inch screen...

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars
    Is it worth the upgrade from a G6? They seem pretty similar in size but the v30 has even smaller bezels hence the 6 inch screen...
    I haven't had a chance to play with a V30 yet, but from what I've heard I'm planning to wait for the price to drop in the new year and then consider it as a replacement for my G6 - which I've generally been pretty happy with, apart from one or two things. It really does sound like the V30 is a more refined G6...

Yes that what I thought. v30 is the final iteration of the G6, the one where they got everything right.

I spent a good portion of an hour testing the sound quality of the V30, G6, V20, Note 8, S8/8+ and Mate 9/10.

Comparing my two favourites at the end, the V30/Note 8.

V30: Better audio, form factor and fingerprint sensor placement, wide angle lens and camera enhancements
    Note 8: Better screen, interface and front camera

Personally sound is more important as I don't do much other than text on the go and i've never used the front camera. I'll be getting the V30 on the 17th of Nov and installing Nova Launcher right away.

vmlinuz and mrdollars like this.

The wide angle lens being upgraded now that it's brighter, sharper, and having almost zero distortion is reason enough to upgrade from the G6. The G6 cameras are terrible!

But the front-facing cam of the v30 is exactly the same as G6's... too bad.

The only issue I presently see for me is if I watch YouTube on the go, the V30 doesn't yet allow for app scaling.

It has app scaling options for a variety of applications but not YouTube.

I noticed that the Note 8 had a nice 'change aspect ratio' toggle with YouTube playback.

The workaround would be to just download the YouTube video, transfer it to the V30 and use LG's default software to change the aspect ratio.

The windowboxing is surprisingly large and makes the V30's screen look tiny when using YouTube.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast