Like Tree10Likes

LG V30 release date in Hong Kong

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I had a brief fondle of a V30+ at the weekend, and I was pretty impressed. It is noticeably bigger that the G6, but since it's also slightly lighter it felt a lot less like a dense hunk of tech, and the rear wide-angle camera did seem much less distorted. I forgot to check what the screen looked like at low brightness, but the sales guy actually called out the fact that it's OLED now, so I guess they're not trying to hide the screen away...

periphery831 likes this.

Right, well I finally pre-ordred the V30+ today. Went into Fortress, Broadway, Wilson, Suning and Smartone.

Smartone had no extra perks, Suning had no preorder available, Fortress and Wilson had the same offer of 1 extra year warranty but Broadway went the extra mile with an extra year warranty, 10,000mAh power bank, screen protector, case and 64GB SD card.

I saw the guy mess around with the computer and it showed only 5 black versions left, so I decided it was time to bite the bullet.

vmlinuz likes this.

When will you get it if PREORDER?

What... the V30 is still for pre order? That's crazy. They're totally losing out to Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by nattaphoomd
    I got it yesterday. I'm still blown away by the sound quality.

Everything else is good too.

I got mine yesterday too. Great phone, though coming from an Iphone I haven't gotten used to not being able to swipe to go forward and back on webpages.

periphery831 likes this.

??Jealouse Person who got the item

Where could I find V30 morrocan Blue in HK? Are there anyshop near HKIA?

had my s8+ which i was enjoying, stolen on Friday night. OK i couldve lost it, but im calling it stolen. the only thing i didnt like about it was the lousy bixby junk and the horrible fingerprint reader. I am looking now at the Mate 10. I think the Mate 10 pro will be too expensive and i dont want another s8+ to remember my shitty night by.

LGv30 looks good too so i might give that a looksie.

periphery831 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness
    LGv30 looks good too so i might give that a looksie.
    You won't be disappointed.

A few things to do once you get it.

1.) Install Nova Launcher, stock LG skin is mediocre at best.
    2.) Install Neutron Player, enable hi-res audio from generic driver, 64-bit processing, follow source frequency and audiophile resampling. Also the B&O headphones given don't do the Quad DAC justice. Get yourself a decent set of IEMs (Marshall Modes, 1MORE Triple Drivers, etc) on the go or whatever high impedance headphones for home use.
    3.) Set manual picture/video taking settings, by default they aren't set to the best quality.
    4. Enjoy!

I've had this phone for a week and it has everything I could want. Here are a list of my favourite features.

1. 3.5mm jack! Oh and that Quad DAC comparable to even some DAPs.
    2. Military grade build, the phone feels like it's built to last.
    3. Water/dust proof, no problem having used in the shower a few times.
    4. Perfect form factor in my hand, haven't had a slip or drop yet.
    5. Light! Comparatively lighter than other 2017 flagships.
    6. Excellent camera with useful wide angle lens and a wealth of features. Great pictures, mediocre video recording but shite front camera.
    7. Solid battery life that lasts a whole day with heavy use.
    8. OLED screen with vivid colours and strong blacks, movies look fantastic.
    9. Flagship CPU/GPU which are super snappy and the 4GB is more than enough at the moment.
    10. MicroSD slot, quickly filled up the 128GB that came with the V30+.
    11. FM radio, download Simple Radio, the stock radio app sucks. Listening to BBC Radio 1 with ease now. Great quality TBH.
    12. Wireless/fast charging, both work flawlessly and fast charging is a beast.
    13. Bluetooth 5.0, much wider range than previous 4.2 spec. I can actually go to the toilet or kitchen without it skipping behind walls.
    14. Always on display, a nice little FU to Samsung.

Seriously, unless you want an S pen, this phone is better than the S8/Note8 series hands down. I'm no Samsung hater either, I had the Note 7 for as long as possible after the recall because it was the best piece of hardware at the time. The Note8 is just too long with that 18:9 ratio and the S8 is too small.

The the S8+ while having a decent size simpy doesn't have that wow factor for me. It feels like a toy, it looks like a toy IMHO. In the end, it came to the Quad DAC and that thing simply makes me smile everytime I go outside. I actually smirk at people listening to their headphones plugged into a phone other than V20/30.

As for alternatives, the Iphone has the better selfie cam, so if you're all about that Instagram, then you may prefer that. The Pixel 2 has the best rear camera, but if I was that serious about photography, I'd get a DSLR. The Pixel is also difficult to get hold of in HK and the price is insanity. Other than that, the V30 takes the crown for me as the best phone of 2017.

GET, THIS, PHONE, NOW!

Last edited by periphery831; 23-11-2017 at 04:46 AM.
    Dankleness likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast