A few things to do once you get it.
1.) Install Nova Launcher, stock LG skin is mediocre at best.
2.) Install Neutron Player, enable hi-res audio from generic driver, 64-bit processing, follow source frequency and audiophile resampling. Also the B&O headphones given don't do the Quad DAC justice. Get yourself a decent set of IEMs (Marshall Modes, 1MORE Triple Drivers, etc) on the go or whatever high impedance headphones for home use.
3.) Set manual picture/video taking settings, by default they aren't set to the best quality.
I've had this phone for a week and it has everything I could want. Here are a list of my favourite features.
1. 3.5mm jack! Oh and that Quad DAC comparable to even some DAPs.
2. Military grade build, the phone feels like it's built to last.
3. Water/dust proof, no problem having used in the shower a few times.
4. Perfect form factor in my hand, haven't had a slip or drop yet.
5. Light! Comparatively lighter than other 2017 flagships.
6. Excellent camera with useful wide angle lens and a wealth of features. Great pictures, mediocre video recording but shite front camera.
7. Solid battery life that lasts a whole day with heavy use.
8. OLED screen with vivid colours and strong blacks, movies look fantastic.
9. Flagship CPU/GPU which are super snappy and the 4GB is more than enough at the moment.
10. MicroSD slot, quickly filled up the 128GB that came with the V30+.
11. FM radio, download Simple Radio, the stock radio app sucks. Listening to BBC Radio 1 with ease now. Great quality TBH.
12. Wireless/fast charging, both work flawlessly and fast charging is a beast.
13. Bluetooth 5.0, much wider range than previous 4.2 spec. I can actually go to the toilet or kitchen without it skipping behind walls.
14. Always on display, a nice little FU to Samsung.
Seriously, unless you want an S pen, this phone is better than the S8/Note8 series hands down. I'm no Samsung hater either, I had the Note 7 for as long as possible after the recall because it was the best piece of hardware at the time. The Note8 is just too long with that 18:9 ratio and the S8 is too small.
The the S8+ while having a decent size simpy doesn't have that wow factor for me. It feels like a toy, it looks like a toy IMHO. In the end, it came to the Quad DAC and that thing simply makes me smile everytime I go outside. I actually smirk at people listening to their headphones plugged into a phone other than V20/30.
As for alternatives, the Iphone has the better selfie cam, so if you're all about that Instagram, then you may prefer that. The Pixel 2 has the best rear camera, but if I was that serious about photography, I'd get a DSLR. The Pixel is also difficult to get hold of in HK and the price is insanity. Other than that, the V30 takes the crown for me as the best phone of 2017.
GET, THIS, PHONE, NOW!