Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes

LTE Router for the house

Quote Originally Posted by YOHAN
    Oh, that's nice. I thought they don't offer 'true' unlimited. If you read the fine print, it says...

When the monthly Mobile Data usage reaches the data entitlement of your monthly service plan, you can continue to use the Mobile Data service without speed throttling. However, you will be allocated with less network resources for access subject to the prevailing network conditions and your service experiences may be affected.

It did say it won't slow down... but I don't really know what 'less network resources' really mean. Maybe just a play of words?
    It means that if there are other users on the network at say the peak hours, you will all see you are connected to their 4G network but they will have priority of access....so they can use the 4G network as normal, but you will get constant time-outs if you can connect to any website at all.

What... that's a lie.. they claim 450 mbps but you only get 5-20 mbps... we should sue them!

Maybe the CSL signal is bad at your area? Because FlatHunter is getting 20mbps like me. I'm beside the Caltex station at Clearwater Bay Road.
    I live in a marina where many of the boats have lost their wired internet due to the crappy marina management. And this plan was recommended and circulated around. I used to get faster speeds, now I get more dropouts... so I think the area is saturated with folks on this plan LOL.

What about bittorrent?

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    I live in a marina where many of the boats have lost their wired internet due to the crappy marina management. And this plan was recommended and circulated around. I used to get faster speeds, now I get more dropouts... so I think the area is saturated with folks on this plan LOL.
    Okay, in that case... I better start rumors saying that CSL 4G sucks around this area! That way, people in this area would stay away from it and my connection would still be okay!
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Just an update... I got my CSL Unlimited yesterday. Speed is still at 18-25mbps like before. Fast enough for me, I guess.

The guy at CSL said they don't throttle the sim when it's in a router so he doesn't know why it's only at 20mbps.

I also speedtested when I was in their shop... I got 360+mbps using LTE. And 250+ using their wifi. They must have an antenna in their shop! Haha

I also finished up all my allotted 10gb for a month in 1 day. And after that they told me via text. The speed hasn't gone slower than the usual 20mbps. So that's good! Now I got Netflix USA and Hulu with no buffering! Woohoo!

Just an update... I got my CSL Unlimited yesterday. Speed is still at 18-25mbps like before. Fast enough for me, I guess.

The guy at CSL said they don't throttle the sim when it's in a router so he doesn't know why it's only at 20mbps.

I also speedtested when I was in their shop... I got 360+mbps using LTE. And 250+ using their wifi. They must have an antenna in their shop! Haha

I also finished up all my allotted 10gb for a month in 1 day. And after that they told me via text. The speed hasn't gone slower than the usual 20mbps. So that's good! Now I got Netflix USA and Hulu with no buffering! Woohoo!
    What's the monthly?

I got a family plan with 4 simcards a few months ago for 760 HKD for 6GB combined data.

Then I asked for unlimited.
    Now it's a family plan with 4 simcards for 912 HKD Unlimited for the first 2 years.
    After 2 years, the next 2 years would be the same unlmited plan for 4 sim cards for 575 HKD.

I also asked how much a regular single simcard with unlimited would cost... it's 233 HKD a month for unlimited.

orel100x and chuckster007 like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234