NOW TV out of synch

Closed Thread

NOW TV out of synch

the words coming out of mouths are about 2-3s out of synch - which is driving us nuts - any suggestions as to how to get it back or is it something that is controlled by PCCW and everyone affected?

you could try to reboot the box.

Thanks - I had tried switching it off but I guess a full reboot is better!

- don't bother calling the customer hotline, 100 percent the first thing they say is for to reboot the box.

Yeah - I know - hopeless. It seems to be ok now.... thanks.

Eh? If the customer service's first advice is to reboot the box and rebooting the box has caused the problem to go away then in what sense is the customer service "hopeless"?

I have the same problem, rebooting works but an hour or so later it happens again.

This week we've had no service at all for 2 days and then this weekend the time delay issue. This year we are on our 4th Modem and 3rd set top box.

If there's one issue I wish they would resolve is that after switching on at the set-top box the default volume is set to 100...so many mornings in a sleepy state I switch it on go to the kitchen then have to run back like a madman when the canto news starts blaring away!

Quote Originally Posted by talllatte:
    I have the same problem, rebooting works but an hour or so later it happens again.
    Me too. This is the answer to PDLM's comment above.....

Quote Originally Posted by talllatte:
    If there's one issue I wish they would resolve is that after switching on at the set-top box the default volume is set to 100...so many mornings in a sleepy state I switch it on go to the kitchen then have to run back like a madman when the canto news starts blaring away!
    So why don't you leave the volume on the set-top box set to 100 and adjust to a comfortable level using the volume control on your TV?

I occasionally get the same issue with the voice being out of sync, It is usually resolved after flipping a channel and then flipping back.