Like Tree7Likes

Second hand lens

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Original Post:
    Guess it wasn't so hard to find after all, even though "it's a Zeiss".

Lots of relevant information here even if it isn't all related to newer lens.

The two posters above me seem to know the camera scene in HK well - I'd follow their advice, it's probably your best bet on finding that lens.
    thank you for being kind about the reply!
    rickyross likes this.

Do you actually know how to check prices in Japan? Price in Japanese is Kakaku, with that knowledge we can search...

And see that the cheapest offer is pretty much exactly HK$ 10,000 (correct me if wrong, I believe that price is without sales tax that as a tourist you may not have to pay). So finally, after years of moaning, we did find a thing that is cheaper in HK!

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000796313/

Quote Original Post:
    Do you actually know how to check prices in Japan? Price in Japanese is Kakaku, with that knowledge we can search...

And see that the cheapest offer is pretty much exactly HK$ 10,000 (correct me if wrong, I believe that price is without sales tax that as a tourist you may not have to pay). So finally, after years of moaning, we did find a thing that is cheaper in HK!

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000796313/

Ur right. Thats the approx price that I saw in Store in japan as well. I am rather surprised to know that I can find it with a cheaper price in Hong Kong too!

Quote Original Post:

this is the camera + lens that i want to buy. the body of the camera is literally half the price on B&h online as opposed to BIC camera in store..
    I am mainly going for flatlays on coffee table scene and coffee shop interior shots
    A reason why ALL the A7/A7ii/A7S/A7Sii/A7R/A7Rii are coming down in price is because in the last few months Sony brought out the flagship A9, the brilliant A7Riii and just last week a fantastic A7iii (should be available in April).

You do know the difference between the A7ii, A7Sii and A7Rii right?

I wonder if the release of the A7III will bring down the price of the A7II even further?

Quote Original Post:
    I wonder if the release of the A7III will bring down the price of the A7II even further?
    I think it already has in the States, a lot of online outlets have brought their prices down.

I really need to get a hands-on feel of the new upcoming A7iii, as I want to know how much more the autofocus as improved in practice (both the number of focus points and speed), and how much the EVF has improved (even if it is 80% of the one on the A7Riii, that will still be brilliant).

I use my A7ii for exhibition work with native lenses, but 95% of the time I use it with vintage lenses, both manual focus and with a Techart Pro adapter which magically makes those same manual focus lenses into autofocus. My dehumidifier cabinet is now full of these lenses giving so much more character than modern lenses. There are rumours that the A7iii is able to achieve eye-focus with the Techart Pro, that would be a sure win for me!

For those that just want to use vintage lenses, the A7ii is really a perfect camera body; in-body stabilisation, full frame, and really short flange distance which means you can mount 99% of different lenses to it.
    rickyross likes this.

I am in similar boat but need Nikon 1 lenses; 18.5mm f/1.8 and 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6

Is Sim City in Mong Kok good place to visit for these lenses ?

Also what would be good price for used ones ? Fortress price is 1580 and 1880 respectively.

Quote Original Post:
    I am in similar boat but need Nikon 1 lenses; 18.5mm f/1.8 and 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6

Is Sim City in Mong Kok good place to visit for these lenses ?

Also what would be good price for used ones ? Fortress price is 1580 and 1880 respectively.
    https://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=149540

and

https://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=137948

Some of the cheaper listings (official and grey import) are the shops in Sim City of in upstair shops around the area in MK.

You might find these for throwaway prices better on Carousell.

The 30-100mm one on Carousell for $500:

https://carousell.com/p/nikon-1-nikk...luQ4fRN6crEVcc

vyral_143 likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    You might find these for throwaway prices better on Carousell.
    What would be throw away or atleast on PAR prices for lenses I mentioned ? I am quite noob in this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast