Like Tree3Likes

Anyone using Octopus O!ePay ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    Can you elaborate on how you do that exactly ?
    In my SCB online banking account, there is an option to transfer to my O!epay account. I just select one of my SCB credit cards to transfer from.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    @bdw

Am I missing something here? The son's Octopus (something you get with the form that the school fills in for student fares) has been linked for a while to my HSBC Advance cc.
    Actually I think you are right shri. My eldest actually just move from a child octopus to a student one and I've been too lazy to do the AAVS thingy. My younger one still on a child one. I think its the child one that doesnt support AAVS but the student one maybe OK.
    shri likes this.

bdw

Ha ! This means a 2% discount circa. But in fact I saw on their website that they don't accept credit card payments (see below from their website).
    Can you elaborate on how you do that exactly ?
    AAVS topups (from credit card to octopus) give credit card reward points. At least with Standard Chartered and Citibank they do. So with every $500 topup, I get $7.5 cash back (1.5%). For this reason alone, you really should activate the AAVS function and its very convenient.

Actually this reminds me another big reason I use O!epay every day. To scam credit card rewards from the banks. Every day can extract $500 from my octopus, which triggers an AAVS top up earning credit card points. Then dump the $500 back into my savings account (there in an option in the O!epay app to transfer out to savings account. You can do this scam for 16 days per month from memory (max $8000 per month can transfer out). After this, they start charging you fees for every transfer out which is more than the CC rewards you will get from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    AAVS topups (from credit card to octopus) give credit card reward points. At least with Standard Chartered and Citibank they do. So with every $500 topup, I get $7.5 cash back (1.5%). For this reason alone, you really should activate the AAVS function and its very convenient.

Actually this reminds me another big reason I use O!epay every day. To scam credit card rewards from the banks. Every day can extract $500 from my octopus, which triggers an AAVS top up earning credit card points. Then dump the $500 back into my savings account (there in an option in the O!epay app to transfer out to savings account. You can do this scam for 16 days per month from memory (max $8000 per month can transfer out). After this, they start charging you fees for every transfer out which is more than the CC rewards you will get from doing it.
    Shhh!!! Dont tell everyone!!

@bdw lol very smart .

I wonder why your daughters cannot have the AAVS while shri's son can.
    I think you're right it probably is the easiest for my purpose here if AAVS can be setup for my daughter. I'm gonna try.

bdw

@bdw lol very smart .

I wonder why your daughters cannot have the AAVS while shri's son can.
    I think you're right it probably is the easiest for my purpose here if AAVS can be setup for my daughter. I'm gonna try.
    My son has a student octopus now and I think can setup the AAVS. I'm just too lazy. My daughter has a child octopus (not student) and I think cannot setup AAVS.

Also, O!epay have recently reduced the amount you can transfer out from $8000 to $5000 per month. So they have reduced the amount that people can scam out of the banks with this loophole, but they can never eliminate it completely unless they stop giving rewards for AAVS top ups completely. This is something that is unlikely to happen as it would accelerate the death of Octopus

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    My son has a student octopus now and I think can setup the AAVS. I'm just too lazy. My daughter has a child octopus (not student) and I think cannot setup AAVS.
    Ha ok got it now, I didn't know there was a difference between child and student card.
    * edit: sorry I missed your post #12 above.

I guess I could setup both, AAVS and O!ePay for the added benefits you and penguins mentioned. All this seems to be free.

Is it possible anyone can top up without going out but sending only the photo of octopus?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2