Like Tree61Likes

Solar power system on village house

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

when will ikea hk sell solar panels and installation packages? if they are considering, hopefully they will create more competitive price than CLP and HKE

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/ikea/solar-panels/

Titus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    I'm pretty dubious about this. Defective cells can be replaced, yes - but the cells will all degrade over time. The smart charging system helps protect lifespan somewhat but this is going to be a massive money pit for Tesla.
    It will depend I think on their actual performance and the falling price of batteries. They showed tests in the presentation which highlighted that cells do last 10 years on a once a day charging cycle (which is normal for solar). They were guaranteeing longer than 10 years with the replacement programme. Basically using falling costs and time value of money to justify it. Hard to say how silly the idea is - if it brings revenue forward and allows more R&D to allow better performance and lower cost, plus kickstart an industry that they are in the middle of. May be a risk worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    when will ikea hk sell solar panels and installation packages? if they are considering, hopefully they will create more competitive price than CLP and HKE

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/ikea/solar-panels/
    You can already buy kits like this. Plug and play, with simple connectors and include some lights. However, they are mainly designed for basic rural electrification - the ones I have seen are perhaps 100W max, with more like 30W or 50W common. The 30W system support 3 LED lights, 1 radio and a phone charger. The 50W adds a small DC low power TV to the mix. None of this is good for the type of systems we have (my SMALL system is 1270W, for example, and won't run an air conditioner or run the toaster and the kettle at the same time!).

I think it will come. But electricity kills if done wrong, and the higher power systems are much more dangerous if done poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    You can already buy kits like this. Plug and play, with simple connectors and include some lights. However, they are mainly designed for basic rural electrification - the ones I have seen are perhaps 100W max, with more like 30W or 50W common. The 30W system support 3 LED lights, 1 radio and a phone charger. The 50W adds a small DC low power TV to the mix. None of this is good for the type of systems we have (my SMALL system is 1270W, for example, and won't run an air conditioner or run the toaster and the kettle at the same time!).

I think it will come. But electricity kills if done wrong, and the higher power systems are much more dangerous if done poorly.
    Ikea solar panels is not plug in and play, it designed to supplement or replace the electric supply, just like CLP and HKE HK$100k solution but at half of the price

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5