Like Tree73Likes

Solar power system on village house

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

I would stay away from the 75% give away contract. And if you still want to do that you might want a lawyer to read the fine print.

16971 village houses have installed solar roofs.

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...2113000505.htm

The UK have a company offering variable rates for power buy back. Hopefully HK's double monopoly will.... never mind

Name:  created-by-5-1.png
Views: 104
Size:  79.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    The UK have a company offering variable rates for power buy back. Hopefully HK's double monopoly will.... never mind

Name:  created-by-5-1.png
Views: 104
Size:  79.9 KB
    This is exactly what I have in Australia now. I have solar panels on roof but no battery (the cost of battery is coming down but still cannot quite justify). So I try to use all my heavy electronics like dishwasher, washing machine, etc in the day time when its free from the Sun. I also export excess to the grid in day time when the power company pays me a little. Then when the sun goes down I import what I use and power company charges me a shit load for it. At the end of the month, my electricity bill is quite cheap.

Now I'm building a new house, moving into in around a year. At that time, will consider a battery which gives a huge amount of flexibility. No need to leave dirty dishes from evening meal in the dishwasher overnight waiting for the sun to come up, can store as much energy as possible in the batttery during daylight hours when power company charges me very little for it, export more after Sun goes down when power company pays me shit loads!
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    This is exactly what I have in Australia now. I have solar panels on roof but no battery (the cost of battery is coming down but still cannot quite justify). So I try to use all my heavy electronics like dishwasher, washing machine, etc in the day time when its free from the Sun. I also export excess to the grid in day time when the power company pays me a little. Then when the sun goes down I import what I use and power company charges me a shit load for it. At the end of the month, my electricity bill is quite cheap.

Now I'm building a new house, moving into in around a year. At that time, will consider a batter in new house which gives a huge amount of flexibility. No need to leave dirty dishes from evening meal in the dishwasher overnight waiting for the sun to come up, can store as much energy as possible in the batttery during daylight hours when power company charges me very little for it, export more after Sun goes down when power company pays me shit loads!
    I think the increased rate buy back at peak times is a game changer.
    bdw likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6