Like Tree16Likes

Buying from Yahoo Japan auctions

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    On Wide side, I have read up on Konica Hexanon AR 28mm f/3.5. This seems quite good lens. How good it is at about little over HK$400 ?
    Sorry, I don't have any experience in the lenses you mentioned so really can't make any personal comments, but from photos around the internet taken with the Konica Hexanon AR 28/3.5 its OK sharp right bang in the centre but loses a lot of sharpness away from it, and there's quite a lot of distortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    if you really like manual focus lenses and if a Helios 44-2 with a focal distance that's very similar to the 2 lenses you have is the right next step for you.
    I finally bought Helios. Awaiting shipment of it along with Konica Hexanon AR 135mm f/3.5. On wide side, I am thinking to get Sigma Super wide II 24mm f/2.8.

I finally bought Helios. Awaiting shipment of it along with Konica Hexanon AR 135mm f/3.5. On wide side, I am thinking to get Sigma Super wide II 24mm f/2.8.
    I'm personally on the lookout for an ultra-wide, somewhere around 17mm FL. I've never shot this wide before (previously only at 24mm on my 24-70 GM) so would like to experiment with this. Problem is, for older lenses, anything wider than 24mm come at a premium. I may opted for a Tamron SP 17mm Adaptall 2, preferably in FD or CY mount, and at a stretch the M42 mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I'm personally on the lookout for an ultra-wide, somewhere around 17mm FL. I've never shot this wide before (previously only at 24mm on my 24-70 GM) so would like to experiment with this. Problem is, for older lenses, anything wider than 24mm come at a premium. I may opted for a Tamron SP 17mm Adaptall 2, preferably in FD or CY mount, and at a stretch the M42 mount.
    Yes, I have observed that prices increase exponentially for vintage wide angle lenses. For very much this reason, I am considering modern wide lens such as Sigma 19mm. BTW for Tamron Adaptball 2 17mm, you might be looking at more or less HK$1800

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I bought EXACTLY that and Japan is perfect for that.

When I go to https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp the first AdSense ad I see on top is for https://buyee.jp - I guess you can use them.

This isn't what I used though, I used Shopping Mall Japan LLC
    I use buyee on japanese auction, it's great for rare japanese items not common in Hk and very rare japanese items that sells for crazy money on ebay (ie, micomsoft xrgb processors), the fees are not too bad, but it these items are readily available in hk, chances that the prices are cheaper in HK , as you have to pay, admin fee for buyee, then domestic shipping cost to buyee warehouse, then to international post to hk, so for high value, desirable items which are not common in hk, it's ideal

it's also best to wait for low price start as well, also major japanese companies such as book off use japanese yahoo auction to see things

my purchases from yahoo auction via buyee ( inclusive shipping cost to hk)

xba-40 quad balanced armature brand new, sealed, cost in HK, around HK$2200, purchased for JPY10000 (HK$700)

special limited edition leather case by japanese saddle maker for walkman nw-zx100, called CC-ZX100, sells on ebay for US$150, purchased for JPY4500 (HK$315)

psp 1080p upscaler and hdmi processor, cost on ebay around gbp60, cost JPY4500 (HK$315)

Yes, I have observed that prices increase exponentially for vintage wide angle lenses. For very much this reason, I am considering modern wide lens such as Sigma 19mm. BTW for Tamron Adaptball 2 17mm, you might be looking at more or less HK$1800
    Really didn't want to spend much money on a UWA lens as it would be my first UWA for me to get used to, and at a later date might opt for a UWA zoom with AF which I could use videoAF as well (maybe the Sony 16-35mm f4, or hope that Tamron may release a much cheaper one).

In the meantime, I got a MC Zenitar 16mm f2.8 fisheye lens on the cheap. Works well for my needs and just playing around with the distorted view.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I use buyee on japanese auction
    What are the estimated fees for something small, like a cam lens? They take Paypal? I have something on my radar. Seems shoppingmalljapan lost or deleted my ID.

What are the estimated fees for something small, like a cam lens? They take Paypal? I have something on my radar. Seems shoppingmalljapan lost or deleted my ID.
    presume, your lens cost JPY10,000,

Item Price10,000yen
    Buyee Service Fee500yen
    Auction Service Fee200yen
    International Shipping fee740yen
    Admin fee 500yen

yes, they take paypal, the point being will you save on top the fees than buying it locally? or if the product is not avalible in HK ? check on carosel and price com hk for local prices of new and used first, then decide whether it's worth it