Buffalo WHR-G125 wireless settings/AOSS settings

Closed Thread

Buffalo WHR-G125 wireless settings/AOSS settings

Hi,

I'm posting this on behalf of my friend.

My friend got a new internet connection at home and they supply her with this router. The technician came to her house and fixes the modem and installs the software of the AOSS for her. She asked him to set the wireless (WPA) password so that she won’t be sharing the wireless with unknown people.

However, he said she has to do it herself and he could not get it done for her. Then my friend asked me how to set the password and I told her to open IE, key in the IP of the router and access to the router. We have success fully set the password for the (WPA) but she fail to connect with the AOSS.

When we tried to connect the wireless via her default laptop wireless. It says that there is another programme (AOSS) controlling the wireless access. After trying for hours, we than delete the password for (WPA) and apparently it works again for the AOSS but in very unstable mode. I too get frustrated because I could not be there to check out the buffalo software.

Then she keeps on trying again and she decided to uninstall the buffalo software and use the normal wireless instates of the AOSS. For some reason, the normal wireless doesn’t work as well.

So, I would like to ask anyone here use the AOSS before? Can you please help to guide me / my friend to solve this problem?

Another point is when she is doing all that, her brother connect to the wireless using the normal windows wireless got no problem at all.

Last edited by mengfei; 25-11-2008 at 03:38 PM.