Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bdw
  • 1 Post By robertlempriere

Xiaomi's AmazFit watch question...

Xiaomi's AmazFit watch question...

Is the AmazFit 2 watch which is being sold on mi.com the latest rev of the product, or is there something new that is currently being sold in China?

Just curious as I saw it being offered on sale for 11/11.

https://buy.mi.com/hk/item/3183100006

just buy it wear it and you will know..

Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    just buy it wear it and you will know..
    I want to be Mr Brown style Amazing and Fit.. but with the latest technology lah!

Unfortunately their specs are a gif that I cannot translate, to confirm it runs the latest Wear OS (2?).

bdw

The Amazfit 2 is the latest one that just replaced the 1 in June this year. The 1 was on sale for most of 2017 and early this year. But actually I dont know that it runs Wear OS, I thought it had its own custom OS that requires it's own Amazfit app to be installed on your iphone or google phone. But I'm not sure.

shri likes this.

Ok, as long as its the latest hardware, I can research the software / OS bit.

I have the Amazfit Bip and the battery life it outstanding... Mine runs 20 something days, the missus around 40 days on a single charge (the watch face you choose has a big impact)
    great little device, just wish it would support Alipay HK (it supports Alipay China..)

@robertlempriere - random question. How does the sleep tracking work on your watch?

Randomly noticed that I woke up at 1:30AM today and probably went back to sleep at 3/4AM. However, the watch or the software cannot track this properly, seems like once it has tagged you as awake - the counter stops for the day.

@shri happy new year

to be honest, I haven't been using the sleep tracking lately... however, I found it reasonably reliable while I was using it.
    I did (actually still have) the "enhanced" mode switched on (heart rate detection == sleep assistant) (they say this uses more battery, but I have a custom watchface (which also allegedly consumes more power) and I currently have 20% remaining - 25 days since last charge).

I can't say I've replicated your scenario with such a big gap though, I read somewhere the logic is pretty basic, e.g. if it looks like you're asleep after 11pm then you're asleep.. so I wouldn't be surprised that interruptions of more than x minutes would count as "he's awake now" in the logic...

hope that helps in some way!

shri likes this.