Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By robertlempriere
  • 2 Post By shri

Xiaomi partnership with IKEA

Xiaomi partnership with IKEA

Sounds like good news to me.
    Light on details at the moment, but hopefully we see compatibility/range sharing between the two.

https://www.xiaomitoday.com/xiaomi-a...a-partnership/

bdw likes this.

So, they'll train the Xiaomi vacuum cleaner to assemble Ikea furniture?

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere
    Sounds like good news to me.
    Light on details at the moment, but hopefully we see compatibility/range sharing between the two.

https://www.xiaomitoday.com/xiaomi-a...a-partnership/
    I did have a chat with the development team at one of the largest TV makers in the world about their expectations for the voice assistant market not only in terms of which platform but also which chipset maker (there are 5 serious players - 3 Chinese, 1 UK and 1 USA) to enable comms with Voice Assistant clouds. They suggested their customers are very concerned about backdoors and a lot of effort is going into finding ways to block them if they do exist. There were more concerns about some brands / platforms than others.

I'm amused that you started a thread about soul sucking cars, rather than just point at a Xiaomi-Ikea partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    I'm amused that you started a thread about soul sucking cars, rather than just point at a Xiaomi-Ikea partnership.
    There is nothing dull about the sheer efficiency and scale of the IKEA model of business for homewares. Visiting IKEA may suck at your soul but if you look deeper it is a precise machine that operates on a vast scale but with minute detail.
    Last edited by East_coast; 28-11-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    There is nothing dull about the sheer efficiency and scale of the IKEA model of business for homewares. Visiting IKEA may suck at your soul but if you look deeper it is a precise machine that operates on a vast scale but with minute detail.
    You could say the same thing about a Toyota production line