Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By chichow
  • 1 Post By chichow
  • 1 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By greenmark

Network Music Streaming home devices and services

Network Music Streaming home devices and services

What devices do people here use?NAIM Uniti Tibo SIA 75 Cambridge AudioGoogle ChromecastetcWhat services do people use?SpotifyApple MusicTidaletc

imparanoic likes this.

Spotify Family Plan on Alexa Fire TV, Echo Dots, Google Home and in the car via Bluetooth.

Spotify Family on Google Home and the car via Bluetooth. I also have Tidal with a subscription from Turkey which costs less than 4 USD, but the selection is quite limited. It's basically all Hip Hop.

I am thinking about trying Tidal to see if they have the selection I want and to try their Hi res 24 bit vs Spotify 320kbps. I'd like to see if my equipment is good enough to highlight the difference and to see if the ears are good enough to tell.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    I am thinking about trying Tidal to see if they have the selection I want and to try their Hi res 24 bit vs Spotify 320kbps. I'd like to see if my equipment is good enough to highlight the difference and to see if the ears are good enough to tell.
    NAIM & Cambridge Audio, you will notice quite a big difference, especially with nice speakers, it also noted that Naim and Cambridge audio streamers support APTX HD as well

but with a cheap HK$1000 all in one mini or sound bar or bluetooth speaker, no different in quality with mp3 320kbps, flac, spotify or tidal

RPi + HAT with SPDIF streaming Spotify (previously Tidal).

imparanoic likes this.

Napster

shri likes this.