Like Tree7Likes

Options for small, cheap Android tablets for kids

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Options for small, cheap Android tablets for kids

So I need to get a couple of 8" Android tablets, they'll be used by kids. So the criteria is cheap-but-not-crap-performance.

I could just get a couple of US100 Amazon Kindle Fire HD8s, which require the side loading of Google Play to become properly usable.

Can anyone suggest locally available alternatives in a similar budget range?

imparanoic likes this.

Strange morning, jgl asking for simple Tech/gadget help..

Sorry not a helpful post, not keeping up with latest tablets and all..

Just get an 8" Mi Pad 4.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    side loading of Google Play to become properly usable.
    Most places you buy it from can do that for you on the spot even for the grey market imported versions.
    nivantj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    So I need to get a couple of 8" Android tablets, they'll be used by kids. So the criteria is cheap-but-not-crap-performance.

I could just get a couple of US100 Amazon Kindle Fire HD8s, which require the side loading of Google Play to become properly usable.

Can anyone suggest locally available alternatives in a similar budget range?
    i believe huawei has some decent budget tablets, best of all, their ui is actually pretty decent as well compare to their rivals which ain't as good

Amazon seems to offer the best bang for the buck. Lenovo has some in the range that you're looking for - I don't see them taking up a lot of display space for tablets these days in 298 / WCC.

https://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=354705

but the price will be mid range level, at HK$2200, but you do get really decent performance and specs are great esp for the price

My youngest has an Amazon Fire - it was only about 80 USD. Works fine and would buy again.

Don't consider anything old. I have an old Note 8 pad and that's slow like ****, and it got stuck on Android 4.4 (which isn't that bad). It runs butter after I changed to LineageOS (even latest version runs fine), but the upgrade isn't the most easy one.

shri likes this.

Ah, I should clarify that I've already got 8" Kindle Fires. They are completely suitable, and cheap (the no ad version usually goes for $95 but does get discounted regularly. All they have to do is play YouTube and very simple games. Was just wondering if there is anything locally available in the same price ballpark that's also workable.

I'll look at the Mi and Huawai options... I'd be surprised if they go down to Amazon prices, but hey, I might be surprised!

imparanoic likes this.

Amazon has really low shipping rates to HK. This type stuff is usually way cheaper in the US.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast