Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Proplus

Google Home Mini

Google Home Mini

For around HK$300, this is turning out to be fun toy! I have it hooked up to my Philips Hue lights around the flat.

One thing I cannot get it to work is my Google Calendar. I first shared my work calendar to my own account but that did not work. Then I imported to calendar into my own calendar and now Google Assistant can read it, but not the Google Home Mini, it just keeps saying it does not have the permission.

I've searched online, and I'm sure the screenshots for the guides are old, they show a toggle switch under Personal Info that I can turn on, but there's nothing there in the app.

Does anyone use one and have gotten it to read your Google Calendar?

East_coast likes this.

Are you using GSuite or a regular gmail calendar?

Gsuite calendar is messed up. Best you can do is sort of send reminders - "google remind me to ... blah blah" and that syncs up. Not actual calendars.

Apparently Alexa can read the calendars but have not tried it.

Last edited by shri; 12-01-2019 at 11:48 AM.

it's not officially available here, but still works?

Is the personal results options ON under the settings menu of the Google Home? Can try Turning it off and on.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq
    Is the personal results options ON under the settings menu of the Google Home? Can try Turning it off and on.
    We're at a point in life where these devices can tell jokes, sing songs and give you all sorts of information about you and almost everything you want to know.

Now, why can't they configure themselves?

"Hey Google, can you setup my phone and my configuration and whatever else is needed to make shit work"

(Having said that, its been a long standing request from Home users to get the devices and assistant working with gSuite Calendars without using third party connectivity/middleware)

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    bought a router 10 years ago had to be set up, a new one can configure itself lol

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    We're at a point in life where these devices can tell jokes, sing songs and give you all sorts of information about you and almost everything you want to know.

"Hey Google, can you setup my phone and my configuration and whatever else is needed to make shit work"

(Having said that, its been a long standing request from Home users to get the devices and assistant working with gSuite Calendars without using third party connectivity/middleware)
    LOL.....I actually tried that.....!

I figured it out in the end....the Google Home app is different for iPhone and Android. I downloaded it onto a spare Android tablet, and the toggle switch for the Personal Info bit was right where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert
    it's not officially available here, but still works?
    Works fine here in HK.