Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golem

Good graphics editing software for MacOS

Good graphics editing software for MacOS

Am on the look out for a good graphics editing software - ideally free/premium which I can buy without paying a monthly subscription fee.

Used to be comfortable using basic photoshop / illustrator editing software, but don't have a license anymore and not keen to pay a monthly subscription.

Found GIMP to be completely user-hostile for my level of knowledge/needs.

Any ideas?

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

The most common bitmap image editing pieces of software are Gimp and Gimpshop, I didn't have any trouble with those. You can also use iPhotos for some editing. As for creating vector based images, the usual choice is Inkscape. These programs have been around for a long time so there's a large community and many forums for questions as well as tutorials and banks of images.

shri likes this.

Did look at iPhotos - unfortunately cannot create an image from scratch.

Will look at Inkscape.

If you want to create graphics from scratch then it's best to use a program like Inkscape that will create svg files. Don't expect Illustrator and of course there is a learning curve to learn useful shortcuts, finding the right tools etc... You might not find cool tools like the curvature or shape builder tools either but it's free.

InkScape - Downloaded it .. will try it a bit later today.