Like Tree21Likes

WhatBookGram - Merger of Whatsapp, FB Messenger and Instagram

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    WhatsApp allows you to backup onto a cloud and restore onto a new phone
    ...and it is a painstaking process, and not 100% guaranteed. That is why I much prefer not having to go through a restore process, which Telegram doesn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    ...and it is a painstaking process, and not 100% guaranteed. That is why I much prefer not having to go through a restore process, which Telegram doesn't have to.
    Telegram just doesn't backup, and there's no restore, right? If your phone gets deleted, you just lose everything.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj
    Telegram just doesn't backup, and there's no restore, right? If your phone gets deleted, you just lose everything.
    No, its all stored on the server side, so you enter your phone number and wait for SMS code to verify and you get everything loaded back.

Because of how it works, you can be added into a group and read all the group's messages which you had missed before you were added.

I'm not really sure If be happy with a service that stores all messages in perpetuity in the server. However secure they say it is, it isn't as secure as having no record.

Viktri, timonoj and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    I'm not really sure If be happy with a service that stores all messages in perpetuity in the server. However secure they say it is, it isn't as secure as having no record.
    Yeah...I like to keep the conversations, but not on the server. An encrypted local backup that I can take care of would be ideal.
    TheBrit likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3