Like Tree21Likes

WhatBookGram - Merger of Whatsapp, FB Messenger and Instagram

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WhatBookGram - Merger of Whatsapp, FB Messenger and Instagram

So, the Interwebs have decided that all your IMs belong in one app and have announced long term plans to merge WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Instagram.

Quite unsure about this...

Facebook is reportedly considering a merger of its three messaging platforms – WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook Messenger – allowing users to send messages between the networks for the first time.

The plans are said to come directly from the Facebook chief executive, Mark Zuckerberg, the New York Times has reported, and would involve rewriting the basic software of the three apps to ensure they were interoperable. A WhatsApp user would be able to, for instance, text an Instagram user for the first time without needing to switch applications.
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ging-platforms

You mean Skype was doomed?

It's certainly not new news, but it is a formal announcement.

I'd certainly hope they do not require any further authentication. As far as I know, they do have my phone number on FB and know my social graph pretty well.

I hate Facebook, over to WeChat.

DrWho likes this.

Telegram.

DrWho likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Facebook open to the CIA?
    DrWho likes this.

A colleague of mine had to assist a customer who had a phone that was running uber slow. On closer inspection, all the the guy ever used on his phone was the camera and WeChat, so my colleague (with a straight face) explained to him that that was normal as if the phone ran any faster, the censors in China would not be able to keep up with the texts you send and receive....

The only ever reason now I still have WhatsApp still on my phone is its the only app my mother knows how to use to call me from the UK. Whilst Telegram has its bugs, I much prefer not having to restore my chat history when I transfer to another phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    The only ever reason now I still have WhatsApp still on my phone is its the only app my mother knows how to use to call me from the UK. Whilst Telegram has its bugs, I much prefer not having to restore my chat history when I transfer to another phone.
    WhatsApp allows you to backup onto a cloud and restore onto a new phone

Have yet to try:

https://signal.org/

Any good?

Worth a read:

Facebook is particularly interested in what teens do on their phones as the demographic has increasingly abandoned the social network in favor of Snapchat, YouTube and Facebook’s acquisition Instagram. Insights into how popular with teens is Chinese video music app TikTok and meme sharing led Facebook to launch a clone called Lasso and begin developing a meme-browsing feature called LOL, TechCrunch first reported. But Facebook’s desire for data about teens riles critics at a time when the company has been battered in the press. Analysts on tomorrow’s Facebook earnings call should inquire about what other ways the company has to collect competitive intelligence.
    https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/29/fa...project-atlas/
    DrWho likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast