Like Tree20Likes

Decent headphones with mic for commuting?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Understand. Never had a problem during rush hour, only the dropping of data signal for about 5-10 seconds whilst close to Tung Chung, Sunny Bay. Never had the earphones disconnect from the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    As I will be using them regularly budget is flexible.

Am also debating whether to get cans (like bose quietconfort style).
    Bose QuietComfort 20 (in-ear active noise cancelling). Got these a month back - they are amazing for the commute (tried them on ferry/mtr/bus/plane). You might get even better noise canceling with over-the-ear however they are not so great in hot weather.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    I have the Sony WH-1000X2, they are pricey at around $3000 when they were new but totally worth it IMHO.
    Get with the times and dont use old models

Sony WH-1000XM3 is absolutely amazing and its under 2500hkd. Once you try it, you wont want anything else. Can use them hiking, biking, commuting with different settings for different moods.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    Get with the times and dont use old models

Sony WH-1000XM3 is absolutely amazing and its under 2500hkd. Once you try it, you wont want anything else. Can use them hiking, biking, commuting with different settings for different moods.
    to be honest not much difference between WH-1000XM3 and WH-1000XM2, while the newer one the most advanced (apparently) digital noise cancellation which can apparently handle people talking with new chip and USB type C, but both are high bitrate wireless headphones as regular bluetooth (4.2 or less) is around 20 years old, it's getting a bit old hat in performance, but with LDAC and Aptx HD that the future, high bitrate for high performance and faithful reproduction of audio better than before.

How is it for talking on the phone while taking calls?

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/wh-1000xm3/review

imparanoic likes this.

Even during sweat season?
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    Even during sweat season?
    I sweat more than most people - I have no complaints whatsoever.
    They are light and airy...
    jgl likes this.

I sweat more than most people - I have no complaints whatsoever.
    They are light and airy...
    the only problem with sweaty ears that the artificial leather cracks a lot quicker on the earpads, but you can get replaced with spares

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    How is it for talking on the phone while taking calls?

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/wh-1000xm3/review
    If i was you, wait for the 4th gen WH-1000XM4 which is probably out in fall this year, compatible with bluetooth 5.0, some sony products slowly adding bluetooth 5 last year and therefore that tread will carry on

in regards to telephone call conversation, apparently ok
    jgl likes this.

I think I am leaning towards the Sony headphones. Bose are now a bit cheaper but am trying to avoid buying anything with micro USB.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast