Like Tree29Likes

Converting MiniDisc into Cd/MP3? Where to do this in HK?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere
    that's a good looking piece of kit ............... so tempting

* no MDLP support if that's important to you
    no into MD anymore, but i few nice portables 15 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    no into MD anymore, but i few nice portables 15 years ago
    Some gorgeous classic gear, on the walkman side the Sony WM-EX808HG is my favourite

Some gorgeous classic gear, on the walkman side the Sony WM-EX808HG is my favourite
    MZ-E10, still have it, but it don't work anymore, MZ-N10, working still, nowadays, i use high resolution audiophile walkman NW-ZX100.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    MZ-E10, still have it, but it don't work anymore, MZ-N10, working still, nowadays, i use high resolution audiophile walkman NW-ZX100.
    sweet

I had several, and also the MZ-RH1, the last of a generation. Boy was that thing pretty, with its spectrum visualization. But it couldn't compete against unlimited streamable music from Google Music or your own storage streaming (airsonic). It just was a different generation, and the badly needed changes arrived too little too late. Very much Sony way of doing things.

imparanoic likes this.

Yes, Sony were way too arrogant back then.
    They are better (but still not perfect) today though.. At least they have adopted Micro-SD for storage and play nicely with FLAC, MP3 etc

My Sony TV is slightly picky in the video formats it wants to play, but I can live with it..

imparanoic likes this.

Yes, Sony were way too arrogant back then.
    They are better (but still not perfect) today though.. At least they have adopted Micro-SD for storage and play nicely with FLAC, MP3 etc

My Sony TV is slightly picky in the video formats it wants to play, but I can live with it..

Owned an early Sony MP3 player. That thing was so-hobbles in an effort to protect their intellectual property that it painted itself into a corner . . . and then the ipod took over the world.
    robertlempriere likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja
    Owned an early Sony MP3 player. That thing was so-hobbles in an effort to protect their intellectual property that it painted itself into a corner . . . and then the ipod took over the world.
    Exactly, one would think Sony would have learnt from the Betamax days ... but no...

Quote Originally Posted by huja
    Few topics spark joy on GXP as much as obsolete technology. Sounds like a fun project, OP. You've got the right forum denizen weighing in. Good luck.
    What crazed subgroups do we have?

1) Old Technology?
    2) Hi Fidelity
    3) Finance ETFs Retirement
    4) Mainland AGH!
    imparanoic and huja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    What crazed subgroups do we have?

1) Old Technology?
    2) Hi Fidelity
    3) Finance ETFs Retirement
    4) Mainland AGH!
    what's wrong with retro tech, i have a 1987 video game console with even a sealed 1987 game but it ain't worth much, my hifi in storage is a 1998 Marantz CD player CD-67 SE and Marantz Amp PM66SE with tannoy M1 speakers at my parent's place in sha tau kok, the cd player has had a new cd lens fitted 5 years ago.
    shri likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast