Like Tree16Likes

Xiaomi Amazfit Watch - Skin Burn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by rani
    Cool. But will only be interested if there is integration with non-China services

For instance: I have the Amazfit Bip, which works with AliPay (you can show the QR code), which is cool... but it doesn't support AliPay HK

Update?

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    No clue. I'd suspect that the Heartrate sensor should not overheat - would burn out if it reached that high a temp. It was working after the incident.

No clue what will happen with the new one. I'd like to see if lightning strikes twice.
    Hi, has the 2nd one been ok for you? Was thinking of getting this one - hence checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Thotfulnvestor
    Hi, has the 2nd one been ok for you? Was thinking of getting this one - hence checking.
    No it stopped working a few months later. Don't intent to replace it.

jgl

The new Xiaomi watch sounds like a winning combination- an 8 year old chip with a practically dead OS. At least they've come up with some original, cutting edge design.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...e-apple-watch/

I have the same issue with my Amazefit

It is most likely the material used to encase the sensor not agreeing with the skin on your wrist. I suspect it is a plastic of some sort. No one likes having plastic rubbed on their skins as they are actually quite abrasive.

Please go for ceramic backed smart watches. Ceramic is harder and smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by DimSumBond
    It is most likely the material used to encase the sensor not agreeing with the skin on your wrist. I suspect it is a plastic of some sort. No one likes having plastic rubbed on their skins as they are actually quite abrasive.

Please go for ceramic backed smart watches. Ceramic is harder and smoother.
    I can assure you it was a burn ... have a scar to prove it and the watch surface near the sensor was *hot*

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    I can assure you it was a burn ... have a scar to prove it and the watch surface near the sensor was *hot*
    Sometimes the sensor on my smartwatch turns on for some unknown reason. It is certainly warmer than body temperature, but not hot as was the case for you. What a terrible product experience. What do you wear now?

Quote Originally Posted by DimSumBond
    Sometimes the sensor on my smartwatch turns on for some unknown reason. It is certainly warmer than body temperature, but not hot as was the case for you. What a terrible product experience. What do you wear now?
    A 20 year old citizen eco drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2