• 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By aquaman
  • 7 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By vmlinuz
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 3 Post By emx

Xiaomi Amazfit Watch - Skin Burn

Xiaomi Amazfit Watch - Skin Burn

Finally getting around to posting this, and have included photos incase someone asks "describe looks".

In summary - felt some pain on my wrist and under my watch, figured it was just some random itch or insect bite and ignored it for a a few minutes. Took a look and noticed that there was a perfectly circular burn on my skin.

Watch was intact. No damage or drops. Had noticed over the last week that the battery was discharging very quickly. A few random searches indicated that the watch might need a reset and / or it might be an issue with the bluetooth module. The bluetooth seems to get into an aggressive mode if it cannot find the phone to pair with - not proven, internet speculation.

Contacted Xiaomi and asked them if this was a known issue. A few emails were exchanged and ended up just asking for a replacement while they investigated. Figured if they were really investigating, or interested, it would be better for them to have the device to examine.

I don't expect a response from them, just posting this incase someone else has a similar issue with the watch.

burn mark

Name:  Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 5.32.07 PM.png
Views: 469
Size:  683.6 KB

back of the watch

Name:  Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 5.33.02 PM.png
Views: 475
Size:  1.62 MB

jgl likes this.

its a piece of shit.

midorosan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman
    its a piece of shit.
    No, its a burn mark.
    jgl, flameproof, spode and 4 others like this.

Some more info - the new hardware seems upgraded from the previous one. Some subtle boot display changes. I did not record the hardware / software info before I exchanged it.

The watch was purchased around August last year.

Are you thinking it was a burn from the heartbeat light? Does the same thing happen with the replacement one? That looks like it'll take a few days to go away too.

Thanks for sharing, just updated the firmware on my Bip but no issues yet

I dont use the Xiaomi native app, instead using Notify fitness so the heart sensor generally isn't in use

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701
    Thanks for sharing, just updated the firmware on my Bip but no issues yet

I dont use the Xiaomi native app, instead using Notify fitness so the heart sensor generally isn't in use
    Note that this isn't a Bip, which is iWatch-shaped, square. It's a Stratos - completely different hardware AFAIK.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    Are you thinking it was a burn from the heartbeat light? Does the same thing happen with the replacement one? That looks like it'll take a few days to go away too.
    No clue. I'd suspect that the Heartrate sensor should not overheat - would burn out if it reached that high a temp. It was working after the incident.

No clue what will happen with the new one. I'd like to see if lightning strikes twice.
    imparanoic likes this.

Xiaomi tattoo.

shri, aquaman and rani like this.