Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By mrgoodkat

Will Stretch Ceilings become a thing?

Will Stretch Ceilings become a thing?

I have stayed in a couple of hotels in the last month that have had stretched PVC ceilings. Will this become a thing?

Cheap to install, mildew free and offer homogeneous whole ceiling lighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l4XfNiMV88

Never seen that before. Are you staying at hourly hotels and those ceilings are easier to hose down?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    Never seen that before. Are you staying at hourly hotels and those ceilings are easier to hose down?
    Paid by the night, not big chain hotels. One in France and another in Korea then I saw a similar installation in COS in central today above the stairwell.

Its not really a ceiling. Just a massive light fixture mounted to the underside of a concrete slab. Youll still need a ceiling if this is installed in a timber frame structure.

combustible materials wouldn't be permitted in many jurisdictions, melting plastic causes nasty burns, not to mention the toxic smoke

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert
    combustible materials wouldn't be permitted in many jurisdictions, melting plastic causes nasty burns, not to mention the toxic smoke
    What are electrical wires coated in?

I glanced at an article that said Kim Kardashian had a whole room ceiling light installed in her mansion. It may have been the same type as this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    What are electrical wires coated in?
    nowadays electrical cables have to conform to LSOH (Low smoke zero halogen) or equal standard.