Like Tree7Likes

Looking for a Web/IP Cam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    Did you miss this thread?

https://geoexpat.com/forum/84/thread352936.html

Seriously though, that's what I would recommend. They crap all over anything else that I've seen at a similar price point. I've not been paying attention to this market for the past 2 years, but I would be surprised if any of the lower end consumer stuff has really caught up.

Further caveats: I only have experience with the indoor stuff, not the weatherproofed ones. And I'm using a video server rather than the manufacturer-provided interfaces.
    which video server?

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    which video server?
    Blue Iris. It's cheap, handles lots of camera models, seems to have a lot of configuration options. There's loads of other programs that seem to to similar things though.

WECL in SSP looks like a major official distributor of Hikvision gear. They've got a load of IP cameras (including the fancy PTZ and weatherproofed domes) as well as the recording systems.

It's worth point out that not all cameras are IP cameras though (I think they're referred to as CCTV, I'm not sure about terminology)

The guy in the store said they come with English firmware.

Name:  hikvision01.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  110.1 KB

Name:  hikvision02.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  130.2 KB

Their website has their address on it, but otherwise the website sucks a bit. It's definitely one of those places you go to in person rather than online.

WECL Online

Last edited by jgl; 24-05-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    Proplus and HowardCoombs like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2