Like Tree6Likes

My PC doesn't recognize my Samsung S6 any more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My PC doesn't recognize my Samsung S6 any more

Well, that's about it.
    Normally I connect my S6 to my PC with a USB cable in order to transfer pictures, music etc... but my PC doesn't want to recognize my phone anymore.
    The phone otherwise charges normally including when connected to the PC via the USB cable, the USB port is working fine (with other external HDs) and it's not a cable issue either.

What can I do ?

Last edited by jrkob; 02-06-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Have you tried Developer Options - USB Configuration? Maybe your phone is set to charging only. Normally there is a popup when plugging your phone in asking what you wanna do with the USB cable.

shri likes this.

Have you tried another cable? You can often charge a phone with a damaged cable.

emx likes this.

Did you recently change or upgrade the software on your PC? What operating system are you using?

Have you tried other PCs?

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    - I am using Windows 10 and yes, it is updating constantly.
    - I have tried with 2 laptops, same problem.
    - I have checked that the USB menu of my phone (in the Developer Options) is set to MTP and that USB Debugging is set to On.
    - I have tried to access the phone with Smart Switch for Windows 10, the phone is not recognized either.
    - I have a grand total of 6 of these cables and none of them let me access the phone (but they all charge). At this point, I'm thinking that the cable I was using was a data cable and is now broken, and that the other 5 which I have never used with this phone, are charging-cables-only. We'll be buying a new charging+data cable tonight see if this solves the problem unless someone here has another idea for me to try.

Go to your local phone center repair / sale place. Have them see if it shows up. If it does, then buy a cable from them.

Have you tried connecting other phones with your PC? It could be that there was a software update on your phone.

Yes, my wife's Samsung Note 9 connects to my PC with no problem (but it uses another kind of cable).

Is it possible to revert to a previous update of my S6 see if this works better ?

Its a sign dude, Samsung is telling you to get the latest S10 and throw that S6 shit away lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast