Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrdollars

MacBook Pro - Water Damage Repair

Closed Thread

MacBook Pro - Water Damage Repair

Hi guys,
    I've managed to water damage my MacBook Pro which retails in Australia for $2700 new. Was in Australia and Apple quoted me $1900 to repair it. Its 2 year sold.
    Is there anywhere in Hong Kong where they can repair for a generally cheaper price?
    Cheers

Are you in HK or Australia?

Yeah lots of places. I'd think Wan Chai Computer center or Sham Shui Po in Kowloon. Depends on where you live and how good your cantonese is. Honestly though, it is probably better to just buy a new one. Who knows how bad the damage was and if they replace some parts will there be parts that are still faulty?

If you're close to Wanchai, try A-Lab (recommended here - https://geoexpat.com/forum/119/thread338290.html )

Go to MacWin and ask for Lav. They have a shop on Nathan Rd, TST and another on the 1/F Golden Computer Centre Shamshuipo.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Are you in HK or Australia?
    About to fly back to HK

Thanks everyone for your help

buy a container, put laptop in it, fill it with uncooked rice and leave it in there for a few days

A-Lab is good. i-Shop if you prefer someone that can manage data recovery alongside fixing.

However, for pure hardware issues, I'd highly recommend Shop 255 at Wan Chai Computer Centre. Rare, honest engineers that gave me good advice too when repairing devices.

Last edited by rkenia852; 08-06-2019 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Typo