Like Tree9Likes

Octopus confirms Apple Pay support for iPhone and Apple Watch later this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The announcement that hasn't happened....but will....is that AliPay will actually be what MTR will offer.....RIP Octopus...

Quote Originally Posted by rkenia852
    The announcement that hasn't happened....but will....is that AliPay will actually be what MTR will offer.....RIP Octopus...
    Lame.

Is Octopus a wholly-owned subsidiary of MTR? Can't see why they would give up the transaction fees to Alibaba if so.
    jlw90 likes this.

I don't honestly care who it is, I just want one less card to carry so if it is wechat hk or alipay hk or apple pay or octopus just have something that works on the smartphone.

anyways again - would love if anyone knew when octopus is going to be available on the iphone / android (in general) just using phone itself

rkenia852 and Judy7 like this.

I know it is available on Samsung

https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/samsun...rtoctopus/faq/

They should just go the way of London and slowly phase out the Octopus in favour of Visa/Master/AE but I imagine they make too much profit to do this.

In the era of globalisation it doesn't make sense to have a proprietary stored payment card for each city.

**continues laughing in Samsung**

Since having Octopus on my Samsung phone the sun seems brighter, colours more vibrant and tram drivers wish me well

rkenia852 likes this.

Not bad. They've finally done it; after I approached Octopus about developing an iPhone app for them back in 2011 (when NFC was being rolled out to iPhone) and got rejected.

Paxbritannia and rkenia852 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2