Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jgl
  • 4 Post By imparanoic

Headphone wire broken - where to fix?

Headphone wire broken - where to fix?

Hello,

the wire of my headphone is broken as on the photo.

does anyone know where I can find someone who can fix it?

thanks!

that headphone has a special meaning to me so I don’t want to buy a new one to replace it

thanks guys!

Last edited by Hkemail888; 11-09-2019 at 10:37 PM.

I'm sure that - should you happen to live in Sheung Shui - you'll be unwilling to travel to Ap Lei Chau for a fix !!

Therefore - your lack of location indication is a huge part of your problem - we can't all be "Mind Readers" at your beck & call !!

Oh and where's that photo too !

Ignore greentcatalonia.

@imparanoic can probably point out a good repair guy.

imparanoic likes this.

Oh yes sorry I live in wan chai district - but I wouldn’t mind going anywhere to have it fixed eg ap lei chau or sheung shui =P

That's just the end of the wire. Do you have a spare part, from another set or even from the airplane if single prong. You can then just wrap the wires of the two lines, electrical tape and add a flexible piece at the end so it is more durable. Some videos on YouTube. Since iPhone wires break so easy just from twisting, many have added flexible parts to extend the life.

Hercules Fix & Treasures Workshop

Mong Kok, Waterloo Rd, 55號 7字樓b室 Waterloo Plaza

call him or whatsapp : 9518 2081 as he can be busy with a lot of repairs, basically an appointment

charge HK$70 for regular repair with standard but study 3.5mm jack

but if you pay HK$140, high grade heavy duty, metal alloy 3.5mm jack and housing

bonus, if you have lps/vinyls but don't have a player, bring it and ask him, he will let you play on his audiophile grade equipment while the repairs being done.