Like Tree4Likes

Bose QuietComfort 35: f*cked up button

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bose QuietComfort 35: f*cked up button

I have a Bose QuiteComfort 35, I must have mishandled it somehow, the on/off button doesn't work anymore. Seems a small piece of plastic broke inside. Is there an obvious way to open this thing to take a look inside so I can try to repair it ? I think there should be, but can't quite figure it out.

Name:  BOSE.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  69.2 KB

@bdw I see that Bose is releasing a Star Wars edition of this headphone, it would go nicely with your Star Wars credit card !

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    I have a Bose QuiteComfort 35, I must have mishandled it somehow, the on/off button doesn't work anymore. Seems a small piece of plastic broke inside. Is there an obvious way to open this thing to take a look inside so I can try to repair it ? I think there should be, but can't quite figure it out.

Name:  BOSE.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  69.2 KB

@bdw I see that Bose is releasing a Star Wars edition of this headphone, it would go nicely with your Star Wars credit card !
    my bro in UK has bose sport orientated wireless earphones, he has an issue where the rubber seal shrunk and expose part of inside after using it for 28 months, i advise ( I
    actually wrote for him) to contact bose by email and explain the problem, he recieved a response 4 days later saying there will honour the warranty even though expired 4 months before and asked him to send his earphones and he received a bfand new sealed on 2 weeks later.

that's if you want to repair it

@imparanoic, very good idea, thank you, let me email them.
    I still have the receipt, seems I bought it in July 2016.
    May be I have the wife call them first, there's a number there for tech support.
    If the warranty doesn't kick in I will still need to find a way to open it. If that's possible.

bdw

My credit card is Iron Man, not Star Wars! But still sounds sweet so I'll forgive you

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    My credit card is Iron Man, not Star Wars!
    Ha, sorry !

In just two years, my Bose noise cancelling headphone's inner padded cushion for the ears (or what ya call it?)looked like heavily infested by mice and I had bought it from the Bose store located in IFC (back in '016/17). Stopped "believing" in Bose anymore.

If the warranty doesn't kick in I will still need to find a way to open it. If that's possible.
    You might still be able to get them to repair it for you. I prefer this, considering that I tend to break anything I open .. esp if there is some moulded plastic / child proof packaging involved.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01
    In just two years, my Bose noise cancelling headphone's inner padded cushion for the ears (or what ya call it?)looked like heavily infested by mice and I had bought it from the Bose store located in IFC (back in '016/17). Stopped "believing" in Bose anymore.
    I believe these are called ear pads.

Have you tried buying those from Amazon ? After 2 years mine died too, I bought the amazon ones for... I believe USD10 the pair and they work well. Going a year now.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    I believe these are called ear pads.

Have you tried buying those from Amazon ? After 2 years mine died too, I bought the amazon ones for... I believe USD10 the pair and they work well. Going a year now.
    Wow just 10USD? With a price tag of 2950,I was hoping at least it wouldn't look so much like mice-infested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast