Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By jrkob

Bose QuietComfort 25 noise cancel headphone stopped working in one ear

Bose QuietComfort 25 noise cancel headphone stopped working in one ear

On my recent flight my Bose headphones stopped working in one ear. I’d rather get them fixed than buy new if that’s economically viable.

anyone had any experience with Bose repairs in HK?

Needless to say these are out of warranty.

It's most likely just a broken cable on one channel somewhere, or a switch issue. Typically that stuff does not get repaired. Bose charges you a repair fee, most likely 70% of what it costs new, and you get a new one.

Otherwise maybe the typical repair places in SSP or so.

Quote Originally Posted by i-am-si
    anyone had any experience with Bose repairs in HK?
    I had broken the on/off button of my QC25 a few weeks ago.
    My wife called Bose, they said they don't have repair capabilities in HK. Has to be sent overseas, the cost the lady quoted us was ridiculous. She offered instead to exchange our broken QC25 for a 20% discount for the newer model.

In the end I managed to open it (there are 2 screws in each earpiece to have access to the inside of the headset, and I was able to repair the button myself).
    Last edited by jrkob; 16-11-2019 at 06:10 PM. Reason: multiple typos
    shri, TigerSun and jgl like this.

Thanks guys, based on this I've gone ahead and bought the QC35's, even though they have a bunch of features (wireless, Assitants and shit like that) it seems to be the lowest level you can get now. Note, it does not come with the two prong adapter for Cathay planes, you need to keep the adapter from the previous version for that.

I've gone ahead and bought the QC35's
    Do you see a difference in sound quality (especially the ANR) with the QC25 ? or does it sound about the same ?

Not really, I wouldn't have bothered if my old ones hadn't faulted.

Note, it does not come with the two prong adapter for Cathay planes, you need to keep the adapter from the previous version for that.
    I bought 3 of those for about $6 on Amazon - already lost one because I forgot to take it with me out of the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle
    I bought 3 of those for about $6 on Amazon - already lost one because I forgot to take it with me out of the plane.
    I've done the same, on a few occasions too. I've been wondering recently whether the Bluetooth ones are any good, so you can do away with the wires?