Like Tree22Likes

Shoplifting - Questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shoplifting - Questions

Hello all,
    My friend studpid enough to shoplifted a shampoo worth 70 dollar, but when alarm rang he returned the thing and said sorry to supervisor. He is from Africa.
    Now he is worried will Watson's pharmacy release his CCTV video.
    He is getting depressed it happend on 5 Jan 2020.
    Will they release plzzz help. How many months they keep their CCTV .

One can only hope that he has "learned his lesson" otherwise he could be "Blacklisted" by the store.

Since there is nothing either you or your friend can do to change events, the best advice you can give him is to emphatically deny that Watson's will do anything about it. This will at least help him psychologically. Quote overheard examples from friends-of-friends etc. that 'prove' your viewpoint, but nothing concrete.

Ammy 159 likes this.

I think he should go to police to admit his fault. He is saying I will do that.

Is he a refugee? Dependant or a PR?

And to state the obvious.. Nothing good ever happens from going to the cops and confessing. .

He is living here from 3 years . At least he would b relax that now his CCTV will not release. Thats y he wants to got to cops. Although shop supervisor already forgiven him .

The foxes never give up because they know what becomes reality depends on many factors, one of it is sheer luck.

He didn't shoplift if he immediately returned the goods and was forgiven. Just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Is he a refugee? Dependant or a PR?

And to state the obvious.. Nothing good ever happens from going to the cops and confessing. .
    Why does he have to be so desperate to attempt to shoplift for a shampoo of all things I wonder? True, the legal limbo that refugees endure in HK has been criticized, with the government forbading amost all forms of employment forcing many refugees into destitution. But there are NGO organizations helping refugees to meet the basic essentials. Maybe OP's friend simply didn't know that?
    Ammy 159 and irisboards like this.

If they didn't call the cops at the time of the incident, he is not going to be arrested.

DO NOT go to the police.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast