Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By shri

Google snippets

Google snippets

Some of you are quite web savvy... Hoping you can help me quickly solve this one.

I'm updating my Google site and academia.edu pages. But the Google search snippet displays out if date information I don't want to share!

Today I've just updated these two sites to delete this information I no longer want to share, but how can I get it out of the search snippets?!

When I inspect the home page and search for "meta name", it just says some unintelligible things, not what I actually see on the snippet!

PM or email me your link and I'd be happy to take a look and tell you which tags need to be fixed and how to resubmit the info for recrawling in Google (takes some time for them to update... usually 24hrs to 1 week).

Elegiaque likes this.

Also, if you want to DIY it .. start here:

https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/79812?hl=en

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    PM or email me your link and I'd be happy to take a look and tell you which tags need to be fixed and how to resubmit the info for recrawling in Google (takes some time for them to update... usually 24hrs to 1 week).
    Let me pm you later when I'm at a desktop. Thanks very much!

It's possible Google will automatically make the changes based on me updating the site, right? But it just takes time?

It's possible Google will automatically make the changes based on me updating the site, right? But it just takes time?
    As long as you have correctly tagged your page / site, it will pick the changes up. Takes anywhere from minutes to weeks unfortunately.

Use Google Webmaster and fetch as google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZHuosoVUWg