• 2 Post By nivek2046
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By ArrynField
  • 1 Post By resurection
  • 1 Post By RMDNC

Shoplifting case

Closed Thread

Shoplifting case

Hii I want advice for my friend she did shoplifting here in hk.. Last week she admitted it.. What will happen to her she will go jail, its her first time did this. Amount is 458hk dollars
    Thank u in advance.. Advance merry Christmas to. All

a fine perhaps... less than $1000, i think

Rain05 and shri like this.

Did she admit it to the store or the police? If the store and she pays them back, they might not report to police...

Rain05 likes this.

She admitted to the store and store called police.. She will go court on 23 of December probably she will in jail in that case.thank u..

Quote Originally Posted by Rain05:
    She admitted to the store and store called police.. She will go court on 23 of December probably she will in jail in that case.thank u..
    First offence and small amount + admitting to the store + showing remorse will most probably be a fine.

Upon mitigation, when Toquero’s duty lawyer had presented her case being the family’s breadwinner, the Magistrate took into consideration the accused’s clear record and the fact that all stolen items had been returned to the owner. Ultimately Toquero was only given a fine of HKD 2,000, which had already been discounted by one-third for her guilty plea.

Rain05 and MABinPengChau like this.

Thanks for the advice

record

Unfortunately for less.than 500 she has bought herself a criminal record for life .. she can never get a clean police report in HK...

Don't go to bed, with no price on your head - No, no, don't do it.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time - Yeah, don't do it.

And keep your eye on the sparrow.When the going gets narrow.Don't do it, don't do it.
    Where can I go where the cold winds don't blow,Now. Well, well, well.

Source: LyricFindSongwriters: David Grusin / Morgan AmesBaretta's Theme (Keep Your Eye on the Sparrow) lyrics © Universal Music Publishing GroupDescriptionArtist: Sammy Davis Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HNWhVXcjV8

CarterTG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by larry61:
    Unfortunately for less.than 500 she has bought herself a criminal record for life .. she can never get a clean police report in HK...
    Errrrr so many bla bla, going to court and admitting they will drop a charges, just a fine.
    Rain05 likes this.