Like Tree11Likes

Low code / no code platforms

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Low code / no code platforms

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any software developers out here who have experience in using "low code" or "no code" platforms and if so, which one?

I work for a low code start-up and would love to hear how people think about the industry.

What is the end result you're trying to achieve? A static website? A ready made CMS - i.e. no coding on your part, but shit ton of open source code?

No/little coding: WordPress, SquareSpace, Nix; if you're more adventurous: October CMS; if you can code: Craft CMS.

Oh wait .. I misread it, the poster works for a low-code startup. I'm assuming this is a template driven app / website service?

A "low code start up" sounds like taking MVP to an extreme...

I think it's just a fad. There are definitely lots of things that can be achieved with low code solutions - Excel is the oldest example. But in my experience low code systems never scale and you end up having to build your own.

vmlinuz and shri like this.

I also misunderstood OP's meaning. Would an example be something like Zapier?

aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kedeming:
    Hi,

I was wondering if there are any software developers out here who have experience in using "low code" or "no code" platforms and if so, which one?

I work for a low code start-up and would love to hear how people think about the industry.
    Do you mean you work for a startup whose product is a "low code" tool, or a startup that is using low-code tools to create its own product?

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    I also misunderstood OP's meaning. Would an example be something like Zapier?
    Zapier one piece of the "low code stack". It's usually used alongside Airtable and Webflow
    SirNotAppearing and alexdown like this.

Obviously the first question was too low code for us.

rkenia852 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast