Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shri

Testing Brother Printer Picture Quality...In person?

Testing Brother Printer Picture Quality...In person?

Hi guys!

So...yeah just that. Due to space constraints, I'm going to have to choose an inkjet multi-function printer. After a lot of considerations, I'm considering both a Canon TS9570 and a Brother T920DW. The usage will be mainly daily scanning receipts, printing some documents, and we would like to try using it to print our own pictures from time to time.

The TS9570 is supposed to have very good color printing qualities regarding color accuracy and definition. But it's slow as watching paint dry. I have another Pixma that I bought many years ago, and I know this probably will apply for this one too. Additionally, ink use/page yield won't be anything out of this world.

The Brother is supposed to be fast as hell and with truly amazing yields for the tank. But I'm concerned about how decent a picture looks. I've seen reviews ranging from "rather decent" to "terrible": I've noticed some people figured you need to actually enable the photo mode to actually get a decent result in a photograph, so I'm not sure if the terrible reviews might have missed this. Hence I'd like to see some real results by myself...

Is there some demo center where I could just check a live printout of a Brother printer? I kinda trust the end results of a Canon already, but wanted to see how a Brother inkjet prints...

maybe you can check out SSP or Wanchai for a test machine but for sure those would be old or previous models

lot's of 1 * here
    https://www.consumeraffairs.com/comp...rprinters.html

but still...he ain't heavy, his my Brother...
    https://www.techjunkie.com/brother-p...d-best-models/

Well I've read about the ink issue with tank-based printers (reason for lots of those 1-star reviews). It looks very consumer unfriendly, but it seems to have some reasoning behind. Seems the printer needs to have some ink in the tube to keep it airtight and avoiding forming bubbles. And it does always expend some while the before/after head cleaning. Hence why it won't let you print the moment the levels are too low. I think this should be better communicated for these printers.With all this said, a tank-based printer could go for months printing with no issues, the page yields and price per page they quote are crazy.

Thanks, I might try and see if they can get me one plugged/tested on wan chai.

First floor of 298 - look for a printer shop with dozens of printers on display. Have never really had to print something before buying but worth a shot.

Also, have you messaged brother hk and asked if they have a demo unit for you to test or check?

timonoj likes this.

Yeah...I tried messaging brother and they told me some "demo" stores, such as 298 computer center...So I guess I'll have to go and try my luck. Thanks!